Self-Drive To Malacca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm...speeding, avoid TP, bribery or any sort of violation is not a good advice IMO :sweat: But then it's very tempting espcially in big & straight NSH :lovegrin:

However I seriously urge TS to keep to 110kmh, it seems like he is not very experience in M'sian road....he could easily be intimidated by those crazy drviers....including those Aeroliner coaches :lovegrin:

Big Kahuna I have been driving to places as far as Penang, kuantan and others for years. Started this thread to share, really appreciate the helpfulness of all the brothers here. I am a law bidding driver.
Up for everyon:heart::heart:

Last edited:
the char shao from the chicken rice shop taste yummy that is if u like char shao to be hard and slightly charred. other than tat, none to recommend. even the hotel's breakfast is horrible...so its up to u to recce.:) good luck in finding nice food and enjoy yr holiday.

Thank, I will try my best to search around for good food and get you guys posted

There are few things you that is a must eat which is not mentioned here, satay celup at Capitol or Ong Kim Swee (I personally like the one at Capitol) and pork satay at Jalan PM4, which is a branch from Syed Abdul Aziz. And if you like cendol, stall 88 at Jonker is very good, but lots of people. Average que time for the good food in Melaka is around 30-45 mins.

Thank for your info.

Haha I am just back from Mlk, it is Jukon who is going. Haha I always rent a car to drive down, have became a habit ady :) Wow I never know they are so high-tech now :) Haha thanks for the advice :)

For me, I still think it is better to drive my own car than renting a Mi'sia car which I might not be familar with.

Welcome to Melaka..

If you are coming from south, maybe you can try to exit at JASIN/MERLIMAU exit.. at about kilometer 180. It just 1 exit before AYER KEROH. During weekend or PH, usually there will be heavy traffic and you might caught in jam in between Ayer Keroh tol towards town.

Happy holiday..

Second that, I was jammed there for close to 45 mins last weekend. Sigh. I will try the new exit next time round :)

Will try this exit in this coming trip.

hi,

i have been traveling up to Melaka once a month for the past year due to project work there. I had my fair share of traffic police on NS highway. I guess most bros here have given tips on it such as flashing headlights from opposite cars.

If kena caught, i usually ask can settle or not. if can then its RM50. One of my friend driving sg car tried to settle at rm20 and got a compound fine at rm300. :bigeyes:

As for food, you can try the asam laksa mee(spicy hot) and chendol at no.88 at Jonker Street. There's a Teo Chew zi cha shop near Jonkers also. Good food albeit a bit more pricey. Need to book early as its a small place and is often full. Oyster fried mee and the home made toufu is nice.

Satay celup in that old coffeshop is nice but Cant remember the road name.

Or you can try the newly relocated Bei Zhan restaurant near the Holiday Inn. Good food (abit salty) and reasonable price.

How about ikan bakar at the malay fishing village? Fresh sea food. Its on the old road leading to Muar. You can have fresh oysters at the Portugese village also.

If you like Jap food, you can try Wa Zen near the Portugese Hotel.

After all the eating, walking and tired feet, you can drop by many of the foot massage place too. Try Hua Tho or the Thai massage just a few doors away. Both place is near the Equatorial hotel.

Last edited:
unless u drive on midnight.. or 3-4am...less vehicles and maybe no traffic police.. haha i tried for 190kmh until malacca.. and its fun... ;p

upsss anyway, beware of air hitam exit and air keroh exit...police always station their speed trap things there...

Abang, apa kereta? German car? Need to do some preparation before hand, like high speed wheel balancing, tyre pressure, and other checks before hand.

Well, ordinary Jap 2.4litre car, I have gone up to 160kph, but dun feel safe any faster.

Abang, apa kereta? German car? Need to do some preparation before hand, like high speed wheel balancing, tyre pressure, and other checks before hand.

Well, ordinary Jap 2.4litre car, I have gone up to 160kph, but dun feel safe any faster.

Aiyo, camry 2.0L I have go up to 200km/h before so 2.4L shouldn't be a problem. But I am not sure how safe is Msia roads la, I will only speed in Brunei, where everyone speed. Hmm maybe next time I will fly down to M'sia :) Speed kills, but that's the trill right? Haha

Hi guys I am planning a self-drive trip to Malacca, if anybody has driven to Malacca please share your experience. Thank you very much.

check out Malim on a Friday evening..they go a nice Pasar Malam going on there.

hi,

i have been traveling up to Melaka once a month for the past year due to project work there. I had my fair share of traffic police on NS highway. I guess most bros here have given tips on it such as flashing headlights from opposite cars.

If kena caught, i usually ask can settle or not. if can then its RM50. One of my friend driving sg car tried to settle at rm20 and got a compound fine at rm300. :bigeyes:

As for food, you can try the asam laksa mee(spicy hot) and chendol at no.88 at Jonker Street. There's a Teo Chew zi cha shop near Jonkers also. Good food albeit a bit more pricey. Need to book early as its a small place and is often full. Oyster fried mee and the home made toufu is nice.

Satay celup in that old coffeshop is nice but Cant remember the road name.

Or you can try the newly relocated Bei Zhan restaurant near the Holiday Inn. Good food (abit salty) and reasonable price.

How about ikan bakar at the malay fishing village? Fresh sea food. Its on the old road leading to Muar. You can have fresh oysters at the Portugese village also.

If you like Jap food, you can try Wa Zen near the Portugese Hotel.

After all the eating, walking and tired feet, you can drop by many of the foot massage place too. Try Hua Tho or the Thai massage just a few doors away. Both place is near the Equatorial hotel.

Thank for your makan info

Aiyo, camry 2.0L I have go up to 200km/h before so 2.4L shouldn't be a problem. But I am not sure how safe is Msia roads la, I will only speed in Brunei, where everyone speed. Hmm maybe next time I will fly down to M'sia :) Speed kills, but that's the trill right? Haha

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

yeah..if u hold yr speed, they will let you pass lah.

:confused:

I am not speedy usually drive at 110 to 120 km/h

I would highly recommend to rent a Malaysian plated car to drive in Malaysia to avoid any unwanted attention, either by the police or thief. Avis is a good company to rent a car from.

Don't need to be so troublesome..... I have been driving to KL, Malacca, Penang with my WISH for the past fews years. Just don't stop at Ulu places should be fine.

Aiyo...about speeding...

I drove to KL in a convoy of 3 cars last week. My car, a Honda Odysessy, is equipped with cruise control. I sticked to 110km/h. I took the lead, the other 2 cars follow right behind me.

Guess what? I was stopped by Police while the other 2 cars (Honda Stream and Civic) were waved on. If you are not speeding, they look at the cars la.....

We just got back from Cameron, Ipoh n Malacca last week. So far so good, never kena any police issue. Just try to follow the coaches. When they speed and usually they do @ 120kph n above, safe to follow.

When coaches stay @ 110kph, usually that stretch of road got police or road block.... Btw, 3 cars went, Suzuki SX4, Mazda 3 n Nissan Cefiro.

probably you haven't kena...lucky fella.:dunno:

i've been driving up and down the nsh for the last 15 years.... never happened to me. usually when i'm stopped is when i am speeding. in fact they give you a 10% allowance. up to 120km/h they let you go.

the one with the oddy. better check your speedo callibration!

Any hotels to recommend for a short stay in Malacca?

Hotel I think, it's just for a 1 or 2 night stay so would be good if it's in a central location.

Status
Not open for further replies.