Sehsuan's Sports Shooters Listing

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am really interested in the gymnastics as i have nothing of that sort in my portfolio yet and would like to add it in. That said, i've done cricket, rugby, soccer, basketball, tennis, swimming, water polo, etc. Would love to be able to join u guys in shoots.

calling ALL Clubsnap sports shooters, please make sure you are already on my private yahoogroup for updates. i cannot, for security/access reasons, openly invite everyone to the yahoogroup from CS. if you are not yet on my yahoogroup, please PM me.

thank you! :)

There were some people who went down to shoot the Hockey IVP 2004. Can I have the photos? i passed my contact to one clubsnapper and he said will send me the photos. may i know who are u?? ;)

sehsuan said:
anytime man. :)

got any existing sports works to show? just to confirm you interested in shooting sports first. :)

Yeah, I have one collection on a rugby tournament a few days after I got my D70.

I am very interested in sports photography. Hoping to capture more of them.

sehsuan said:
great shots despite being new to DSLR!

welcome abroad arikevin! please check your PM :)
Thanks sehsuan. I am flattered :embrass:

sehsuan said:
Sports Shooters Listing
Hey folks, I believe some of you attended Jed's Sports Photography Workshop over the last weekend of January - now I'm starting this thread to know who's interested to join me when I go to sportshoot events.

This is a typical user's setup:
1. (D)SLR preferably because of the "machine gunning" that may be more evident in sports than anything else :D
2. f/2.8 lens (70-200mm range) or f/1.8 lens (f/1.8 are rarely used, slower lenses can be overcome with high ISO except when you want OBVIOUS bokeh) - compact digicams are still welcome anytime!

If you would like me to inform you of any upcoming sports shoot that I do not deem open enough that I inform *everyone* on Clubsnap, but you would like to go, please put your CS User ID and your contact number below. Once I have confirmed something I would be going to, I will PM each and every one of you. I have already done so for the SRRR Canoepolo Finals held last weekend. Some events may restrict us to a small presence, so even after I PM you, I hope to get a fast response so that you will be in the list of photogs I may lead along.

Update:
Right now, the list is growing and growing, so there may be a situation where some shoots I organize will have a quota on the number of photogs (we can't possibly cram 200 photogs at a single event, right? ;) ) and so I may PM everyone, and the first XXX number of photogs to reply will be included for the shoot. I'm not good at explaining, but I think you guys get the idea, yeah? ;)

Requirement:
1. I need to validate your interest, by viewing your current portfolio of sports shoots, because some sports events may be no-nonsense kind. Don't worry if you feel it's not up to scratch or what, I just need to verify that you are a sports fan, that's more important.
2. Patience and endurance to last through the event so that you can still get at least a few good keeper shots.
3. High level of mastery of your own camera.
4. Be "on the ball" yourself and check your PM regularly.

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for any condensation, damage, rain, financial loss, or any other form or injury/loss that may happen during the shoot. Be warned! :D

Current CSSS group members:
1. zplus *
2. Trigger *
3. agila *
4. AJ23 *
5. Ah Pao *
6. peterlim *
7. dkw *
8. biscuit *
9. willyfoo *
10. dirtbiker
11. clown *
12. nemotohp
13. junyang
14. keithjhee

Those I'm still waiting to join in the private yahoogroup are:
1. Harlequin *
2. Zeuss *
3. garth
4. shaoxiang *
5. agpx4
6. AReality
7. szekiat
8. lavenderlilz *
9. Knight Ong
10. serendipity
11. kenneth76

* - those i have shot sports together with before

Blacklisted:
[List removed by Darren]
Sehsuan - please refrain from posting potentially inflammatory items and which may result in legal action by way of defamation in your posts.

Please check your PM from me regarding the group. :)

I will update this very first post to reflect the most current list of photographers who are interested, so what you have to do is just to post below my original post and state your interest, or that you wish to take yourself off the list. Please also note that I am NOT obliged to do you favours etc, because I'm already doing you guys a favour by updating you guys on a volunteer basis. OK, OK, so I'm lonely when I'm the Lone Gunman to appear at an event... :bsmilie:

Disclaimer: Please note that we are in no way, Official photographers for any event, so we are more like members of the public, except that we are a group with a special interest. Please do not approach the event organizers and convey the understanding that you/we are the official photographer(s) when we're not. Thank you! :heart:

Happy Sports Shooting! :)

Dear sehsuan,

Please remove my nick "sebastiansong" from your the thread. I've NEVER indicated in the thread or via any form of communication, written and/or verbal, that i'm ever interested in shooting sports with you. In addition I have never shot any sporting event with you for you to base any judgement.

By putting my nick in that thread as your blacklisted, you hve discredited me for no apparent reason. Thus, by your actions, you cast me in very bad light in the public eye, without any justification.

I request that you
a)Remove my nick immediately from your blacklist.
b)Issue a Public Apology in CS for your mistake.

Thank you.

Sebastian Song

Thread has been closed to allow affected parties to resolve any issues offline.

Note also that Darren has cleared the "blacklist" that Sehsuan has posted and I have renamed the thread title as this is NOT a ClubSNAP sanctioned list (no matter where your name appears in any part of the list).

Warning: Please read ClubSNAP's Updated Terms of Use carefully before posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.