Status
Not open for further replies.

DXu

Feb 5, 2005
YCK
Hi everyone,

39198009_67aef5d482.jpg

New to photography....
I was trying to capture a simple gull picture......
Did I frame it correctly?

All your valuable Comments and Critiques will be appreciated.:)

The blue coloured railing and white coloured feathers make this look so much like the one from Finding Nemo.

i would try to expose for the feathers in the sunlight and fill flash or reflect some light onto the shadow area.

is that a pic or cartoon?:confused:

Thanks for your kind comments, :)

I am also trying to figure it out myself...:dunno:
..........took this picture while in SeaWorld, Gold Coast.
I happen to be in the Dolphin Cove viewing area when I took this shot at almost full zoom (400mm). I cropped it out from the original pic.

Should I adjust the colours or just leave it?......:dunno:

:cheers:

smurfman said:

hahaha thats my immediate reaction too - the sea gull looked almost plastic.

the colours, position and framing all ok, maybe more of the bird's eye - so that we can see its a real bird - and not so much head-on along the beak

but apart from that no other interesting thing - just a bird pic ... what's in the bird made it pic-worthy to you?

smurfman said:
well, that is true. smuf thinks this because there is way too much added sharpening. notice the double line around the seagulls head? yes, that means "too much of a good thing". you have to watch that!!

as for the colour. cyans seem a bit strong...i think.
ortega is right also. the tail end of the bird is over-xp. next time if your flash cant reah the subject, take the light reading to the brightest part (in this case, the tail area) and shoot. you dont have to worry about its face not being in focus. in those conditions (tele-lens on a fairly small subject) the camera should slightly flatten the subject. THEN....bring it into photoshop and pullout some highlights in the face to even out the exposure.

sa-sa-sa-simple :)

good stuff otherwise. keep it up.

Cheers Mates.........:cheers:
espion,
Nothing special abt the pix. Just learning how to frame the subject.......just took up this hobby recently. :)

myeahok,
Will try out your method in the next shoot. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.