Secondhand Nikon D800 or Brand new Fuji x100t

177412c0

Nov 21, 2010
Hi guys, which option do you guys think it's better? Should I go for the D800 or the brand new Fuji?
Oh yes, I am currently a Nikon user, but I'm thinking of converting to mirrorless as its easier to carry and the Fuji just looks cooler, but the convenience of having that range of lenses is good too...
What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

An apple to orange comparison. How to compare a DSLR with interchangeable lens with a mirrorless fixed lens camera?

May noob me ask is it mainly used for travel so easy to carry is a major consideration or?

If you have all nikon lens, you can go nikon 1 system. V2 is selling cheap sale with 2 lenses or if can afford go to V3. At least can use some of the nikon lenses via the FT adapter. For me I use it as birding and hiking and for travelling.

Hi guys, which option do you guys think it's better? Should I go for the D800 or the brand new Fuji?
Oh yes, I am currently a Nikon user, but I'm thinking of converting to mirrorless as its easier to carry and the Fuji just looks cooler, but the convenience of having that range of lenses is good too...
What do you guys think?
I think you should read this thread: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1539620

Life is short.. If you feel x100t is the one, just go for it. But remember you can't change lens with this model, D800 can.

What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Is like comparing a 800cc motor bike and 250cc scooter, which is better? that is really depends on the rider's need, there is no answer for this.

first hand a7ii better?

Maybe first state how you intend to use the camera ?

If i read your msg correctly it is a decision of weight (or rather the reduction of) & cool factor, vs wider choices of lenses offered by Nikon.

Personally I don't care that a brand has a 600 F2 lens that I will never use. If Fuji has all that I need ie 35mm fast prime, 60mm macro and maybe a decent 18-55, that's all that matters.

If i read your msg correctly it is a decision of weight (or rather the reduction of) & cool factor, vs wider choices of lenses offered by Nikon.

Personally I don't care that a brand has a 600 F2 lens that I will never use. If Fuji has all that I need ie 35mm fast prime, 60mm macro and maybe a decent 18-55, that's all that matters.

The thing about x100t is it is a fixed 23mm lens (35 eqiv) thought there are option of converters that change this to 50mm or 28mm. So it is really apple to orange comparison. He really have to know what is the intended use.

The thing about x100t is it is a fixed 23mm lens (35 eqiv) thought there are option of converters that change this to 50mm or 28mm. So it is really apple to orange comparison. He really have to know what is the intended use.

Oops i read wrongly. Yes it's a totally different animal altogether.