Second camera for travel when the DSLR is too big

Any comments on the Panasonic Lumix G 20mm f/1.7? That and a GX7 seems like quite a slim combo.

The 20/f1.7 is a damn good lens, only gripe is the slow AF.

I am using it on my E-M5 and when I need a 1 lens setup, that will be my go-to lens.

I came from minolta n follow onto sony. Then I got a850, recently got a7r. I also own rx 100 mk1. I mostly out with either one ff plus rx100. But during my Europe trip, I brought all, including my video cam, heh heh! Just for backup each other. :D

I'd like to have a Coolpix A now that they have come down in price.

I've been using a G7X in my jacket pocket during my travels in winter these past few months. Very handy, and sometimes I don't even bother bringing a bag.

IQ is good in daylight.

Any comments on the Panasonic Lumix G 20mm f/1.7? That and a GX7 seems like quite a slim combo.

Nice lens.
Good focal length for general use.
Fast f-stop for a variety of uses.

I bring my X100T in those situations.

I switch to 2 Fujifilm bodies from Nikon. One body with the kit lens, the other with telephoto zoom. Works extremely well for me. Good low light performance and good colour rendition are additional plus points besides being lightweight.

that is also a good idea

I'll be heading to Hong Kong and Macau this week. Facing the same issue as how not to carry the bulky dslr, even with just a 50mm f/1.4 lens.

May have to opt for a Nikon Coolpix to ease my mind even be prepared to lower expectation on picture quality.

I wont name brands/makes but check out all major camera makers they already have mirrorless in their catalogs just choose which one that suits your need ^_^. Mirrorless are very good travel cam if you want lens interchangeability if you want fix lens there are even tons of models out there :)