Seagull TLR film advance / shutter ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saha

May 8, 2004
All material I have seen on the net on the Seagull 4A-105 indicates that a 360 degree rotation of the advance lever advances the film to the next frame AND cocks the shutter. HOwever, when I try this, the film does get advanced, but the shutter is NOT cocked (I cannot press the release button) - I need to rotate the advance lever in the OPPOSITE direction by 180 degrees and only then can I click the shutter - Is this the way it is supposed to be?

Excuse me if the question seems naive to some, I have been spoilt by automated SLRs in the past and using a fully manual camera is a totally new (and enriching experience)...

Wah, still got ppl using Seagull!!

Must take out mine to play liao...

Saha,
for seagull,u have to turn the knob one round then turn back opposite direction until it stop and put back the lever in the hole.

Saha said:
All material I have seen on the net on the Seagull 4A-105 indicates that a 360 degree rotation of the advance lever advances the film to the next frame AND cocks the shutter. HOwever, when I try this, the film does get advanced, but the shutter is NOT cocked (I cannot press the release button) - I need to rotate the advance lever in the OPPOSITE direction by 180 degrees and only then can I click the shutter - Is this the way it is supposed to be?

Excuse me if the question seems naive to some, I have been spoilt by automated SLRs in the past and using a fully manual camera is a totally new (and enriching experience)...

To answer your question - yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.