Sea Shepherd founder skips bail in Germany

That whackjob is an environmental terrorist with no respect for human lives and the Law of the Sea.

Depends... What he was arrested for was blocking shark finning in protected guatemalan waters by trespassing costa rican fishers. He tries to stop whaling in the antarctic sea. They patrol and assist the navy in galapagos. They try to make sure no lives are threatened, instead they are the ones who get rammed by the japanese. They are trying to block the dolphin slaughter in Taiji.

Personally I support him. At least he has the guts to stand up for what's right.

Agree with this....the captain operate like a cult leader asking total loyalty for the crew.

The crew are all volunteers, and can quit anytime.

Yes, he is extreme and I don't necessarily agree with his tactics but he's doing his best to pluck the gaps left behind by incompetent law makers and politicians.

We wouldn't need people like him if the governments aren't blinkered by short term political and economic gains.

He did nothing wrong! Its the dam antics of the fishing industry that is super disgusting! This is also the reason why i seldom eat seafood! We need more ppl like him!!!!

Depends... What he was arrested for was blocking shark finning in protected guatemalan waters by trespassing costa rican fishers. He tries to stop whaling in the antarctic sea. They patrol and assist the navy in galapagos. They try to make sure no lives are threatened, instead they are the ones who get rammed by the japanese. They are trying to block the dolphin slaughter in Taiji.

Personally I support him. At least he has the guts to stand up for what's right.
A matter of dispute really. On the other hand, they seems to be doing most of the ramming in Confessions of an Eco-Terrorist and Whale Wars and as a matter of fact, they themselves have blatantly stated in their website that at least ten vessels have been sunk over the years. Even some of their former most acclaimed members such as Pete Bethune is now speaking out against them in particular Paul Watson with numerous damming accusations with many describing Paul Watson as nothing but a hypocritical media whore seeking only fame and publicity.

It is one thing to stand up for their believes and the other when what they have been doing is just swerving general public opinion against them and other environmentalists thus undoing the efforts of most.

Last edited: