sea gull camera ?


Status
Not open for further replies.

mintae

New Member
Dec 16, 2005
126
0
0
30
#2
yeah
the peninsular plaza camera shops got one he offered cheap.
the one right in front of the lift lobby.
dont know about their models though.
think saw seagull medium format before. =)
 

simon80

Deregistered
Oct 8, 2004
1,469
0
0
#3
really? ic ic

my mum just brought out 1 seagull 35mm , sunpak flash , velbon tripod. suppose to be as OLD as me .. from her OLD drawer

dono can use or not .. 50mm 2.8 lolz :bsmilie:
is my dad stuff
 

dRebelXT

New Member
May 14, 2005
1,636
0
0
#5
It's a Chinese companies which seems to have zero research capability. http://www.camerachina.com/
It looks like a joint venture thingy when foreigners gave them a 100 year old produciton line and never think of researching anything of their own. It's a shame to Chinese R&D.
 

#6
dRebelXT said:
It's a Chinese companies which seems to have zero research capability. http://www.camerachina.com/
It looks like a joint venture thingy when foreigners gave them a 100 year old produciton line and never think of researching anything of their own. It's a shame to Chinese R&D.
are u kidding on this research thing?







Seagull has been around for quite some time and they offer cheaper solutions mainly for the budget conscious who might want to try medium format or 35mm format.

Seagull has some pretty good and cheap 6X6 medium format TLR cameras. it does produce 35mm SLRs too, but i don't think its that popular in S'pore. if i'm not wrong, there's a Seagull fan club in S'pore. they organise shooting trips occasionally with their Seagull TLRs.

if u're keen to try medium format, u might want to consider a cheap TLR from Seagull. normally costs around S$200++ used, i believe.
 

simon80

Deregistered
Oct 8, 2004
1,469
0
0
#7
i think my sea gull cant work .. maybe i would like to repair it
so can hv some fun with film .. will try to post a pic of the square machine
 

dRebelXT

New Member
May 14, 2005
1,636
0
0
#8
Cheesecake said:
are u kidding on this research thing?

Seagull has been around for quite some time and they offer cheaper solutions mainly for the budget conscious who might want to try medium format or 35mm format.

Seagull has some pretty good and cheap 6X6 medium format TLR cameras. it does produce 35mm SLRs too, but i don't think its that popular in S'pore. if i'm not wrong, there's a Seagull fan club in S'pore. they organise shooting trips occasionally with their Seagull TLRs.

if u're keen to try medium format, u might want to consider a cheap TLR from Seagull. normally costs around S$200++ used, i believe.
I am not sure about the old fashioned stuff, but Seagull's best digital camera is a 2MP fixed lens and can not even zoom. Maybe their digital cams never took off. :think: Non-camera
companies like Lenovo does digital cameras better than Seagull.
 

rebbot

Senior Member
Mar 24, 2005
1,828
0
0
#9
dRebelXT said:
I am not sure about the old fashioned stuff, but Seagull's best digital camera is a 2MP fixed lens and can not even zoom. Maybe their digital cams never took off. :think: Non-camera
companies like Lenovo does digital cameras better than Seagull.
not sure about digital but their TLRs are pretty cheap if used and can be used to get decent pictures. :)
 

#10
dRebelXT said:
I am not sure about the old fashioned stuff, but Seagull's best digital camera is a 2MP fixed lens and can not even zoom. Maybe their digital cams never took off. :think: Non-camera
companies like Lenovo does digital cameras better than Seagull.
haha!
SeaGull does not even specialise in Digital Cameras. besides...
its not the megapixel that matters... its the quality of the pixels.

Seagull is more for people who are interested in cheap and affordable TLRs and 35mm SLRs.:thumbsup:
 

#11
dRebelXT said:
I am not sure about the old fashioned stuff, but Seagull's best digital camera is a 2MP fixed lens and can not even zoom. Maybe their digital cams never took off. :think: Non-camera
companies like Lenovo does digital cameras better than Seagull.
Well, not everyone need to go into Digital format, not every company need to advance to the digital format level. They still produce good TLR cameras. B&W is good. Cameras are not only defined as Digital formats only. There are SLR, medium formats, large formats, etc...
 

blurblock

Senior Member
May 30, 2003
3,827
0
0
ytphoto.clubsnap.org
#12
The 35mm Seagull camera is based on Minolta Rokkor lens mount :D ...... if you change the lenses to Rokkor lenses you have a terrific camera :D ...... What's wrong with your Seagull Camera? Maybe it is not spoild at all, pure manual camera does not spoil this easily. :D
 

nightwolf75

Moderator
Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
17,857
14
38
really MORE diaper changes
#13
dRebelXT said:
It's a Chinese companies which seems to have zero research capability. http://www.camerachina.com/
It looks like a joint venture thingy when foreigners gave them a 100 year old produciton line and never think of researching anything of their own. It's a shame to Chinese R&D.
ah... the voice of the digital generation. u really really have no idea wat a seagull camera can do, nor have seen and handle one b4? i used to have a Seagull TLR 6x6 MF camera. this is a scanned BnW image from the negative. btw, its done at the lowest resolution 8bit scanning at the shop becos i just want to archive the image. it has been resized by photobucket.



if u are seeing the original scanned image, at 100% crop, u can read the ocbc sign. IMO, not bad for a '100 yr old production line and never think of researching anything of their own' brand.... :rolleyes:

btw, the seagulls, IIRC, are copies of the original rolleicords. if u dunno wat are those, google.

btw, seagull's parent company are famous for making high-precision optical equipment. i know cos my dad worked in HK/China for some time, and believe it or not, its actually a little more expensive to buy the seagull TLRs in china than singapore when i asked him to buy it for me there. the locals can't afford it on their pay.

'lousy' cameras? i dun think so...
 

rebbot

Senior Member
Mar 24, 2005
1,828
0
0
#14
nightwolf75 said:
ah... the voice of the digital generation. u really really have no idea wat a seagull camera can do, nor have seen and handle one b4? i used to have a Seagull TLR 6x6 MF camera. this is a scanned BnW image from the negative. btw, its done at the lowest resolution 8bit scanning at the shop becos i just want to archive the image. it has been resized by photobucket.



if u are seeing the original scanned image, at 100% crop, u can read the ocbc sign. IMO, not bad for a '100 yr old production line and never think of researching anything of their own' brand.... :rolleyes:

btw, the seagulls, IIRC, are copies of the original rolleicords. if u dunno wat are those, google.

btw, seagull's parent company are famous for making high-precision optical equipment. i know cos my dad worked in HK/China for some time, and believe it or not, its actually a little more expensive to buy the seagull TLRs in china than singapore when i asked him to buy it for me there. the locals can't afford it on their pay.

'lousy' cameras? i dun think so...
:thumbsup: my shifu :lovegrin: I still haven had time to utilize my dad's rolliflex ~ :cry:
 

hazta

New Member
Jul 17, 2005
1,036
0
0
SG,Northern
#15
If anybody owns a Seagull n finds it lousy, dun put it aside or throw it. Give it to me.. I'll b glad... ;)
 

dRebelXT

New Member
May 14, 2005
1,636
0
0
#16
nightwolf75 said:
Cool, it seems to have no distortion in the lines even on edges, looks more straighter than my
28-135mm. Not bad.

Enjoy your rolliflex also rebbot.
 

simon80

Deregistered
Oct 8, 2004
1,469
0
0
#19
so i wana fixed my seagull .. where can i go to?>
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom