SEA Games Fireworks

nitewalk

May 31, 2010
Singapore

18011317975_9a6bc0e3f7_b.jpg

18112608648_f184732d60_b.jpg

Last edited:
Both location can be easily found from Google map, took me 2 mins to find :dunno:
Curious to know if they all captured within a single exposure?
Nicely captured fireworks

Both location can be easily found from Google map, took me 2 mins to find :dunno: Curious to know if they all captured within a single exposure? Nicely captured fireworks

Thanks for helping me respond. The second location can be a bit tricky if you miss the clue of how the roof looks like and there isn't a foreground as clue also. I thought the first location was pretty simple.

Just to be clear about it, these are composite images. (Some people don't like to admit it, like they think its a taboo, know it and still do it.) It can be done in a single shot, the first shot was single, except i had to blend the flag in as i moved upstairs from my original spot. The fireworks, though, doesn't look good as it wasn't done with black cloth.

For me, single shot is like throwing all your eggs in a basket, either you get it or you mess it up. If you have the skills and experience, why not but not the case for me :/

I don't think so and it turns out nicely, quite some effort I guess
If only my job does not require long hours in front of the screen, I'd probably have time to pick up some post processing

Last edited:
Nice work!

Question: how do you deal with the smoke?

Nice shots.
Question: How do you make the sky so bright and blue?

From Fragrance hotel at Geylang Lor 8? :bsmilie:

Extra activities....

Not there! Not even near! Free and safe location...

Nice work!

Question: how do you deal with the smoke?

Not much smoke actually. Its quite unlike the NDP fireworks.

Nice shots.
Question: How do you make the sky so bright and blue?

I actually darkened the sky for my base layer, if not it was too bright. And my base layer was shot well past 8pm! I think I pushed the exposure higher then bring it down plus i worked on the wb and made it cooler. Just that have to be careful not to affect the buildings too much until its all blue.

Thanks nitewalk, I will try out this Fri actual Sea Game.

Nice shots! Thanks for sharing!

very nice work.
I was shooting yesterday but far cry from yours. :(

Unfortunately, I can't shoot past #3 as I will be abroad for the rehearsal for closing and the actual closing ceremony. Hope you guys enjoy what I have shared so far. Cheers! :)

17908784224_5530768e57_b.jpg

Nitewalk,

Thanks for sharing.

I have 2 enquires for this 2015 Sea Games fireworks for those taken the fireworks.

1) Am I the only who feel the exposure time to have a sharp firework around 1 sec, but not than 2 sec even for aperture setting at F8 or smaller to F11?

2) Anyone know whether firework in the closing ceremory and the schedule time?

Thank You
EisMann

Just enjoy what you do, that's more important! :)

Just Followed u in Flickr and love your landscapes work,hope to get some inspirations from there.
I read about the incident on the 2 low self-esteemed photographers.
Only people who have no true skills will feel threatened.

Reactions: nitewalk