SDHC card unable to delete; need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

foofoo

Aug 20, 2009
singapore; canberra
all bro/sis,

use card reader to download all photos to my PC then try to peform a "delete" function using the PC for all files(photos) on the SDHC but it prompt me a message"cannot delete IMG_xxxx: The disk is write protected. Remove the write protection or use another disk"

but never "lock" the SDHC card, 2 cards from "Sandisk" & "Pendrive" have the same error when deleting the photos.

if post at the wrong section; pls forgive me;

but i need help ... help ... help

thanks in advance:)

Insert your SDHC card back into your camera. Go to the menu and search for the Format card function. Select Yes.

just perform a "format" function using the camera; ask my kid to become my model & took a few shots; download to PC & perform a "delete" function on the card same error pop up again; is it only "format" function from the camera will erase the data & unable to use "delete" function from PC?

thanks

just perform a "format" function using the camera; ask my kid to become my model & took a few shots; download to PC & perform a "delete" function on the card same error pop up again; is it only "format" function from the camera will erase the data & unable to use "delete" function from PC?

thanks

What i meant is to do a full format from the PC. Able to do that?

use PC to format the card but it pop up a message "the disk is write protected" but the card selector is not at the "lock" position.

can advise/help me ?

Last edited:
I have written an informational thread about the cause and how to fix the reader. But cannot remember the title. Do search it.

don't delete images from computer, make sure you have download all and done a backup copy.

always use camera to format the memory cards, so will less change of having card read/write error

I have written an informational thread about the cause and how to fix the reader. But cannot remember the title. Do search it.

you need to learn how to use the clubsnap search function better.

just search for threads started by you.

this is the thread, i hope it helps the threadstarter because i don't know what is going on either.

Eh does ur card reader support SDHC cards in the first place? All my old readers were unable to read SDCD

foofoo said:
use PC to format the card but it pop up a message "the disk is write protected" but the card selector is not at the "lock" position.

can advise/help me ?

night86mare said:
you need to learn how to use the clubsnap search function better.

just search for threads started by you.

this is the thread, i hope it helps the threadstarter because i don't know what is going on either.

That's the correct link! :thumbsup:
What the "lock" tab on the SD/SDHC card does is simply to push a spring contact inside the card reader. When the spring contact touches the circuit board, the SD/SDHC card can be written on.

Status
Not open for further replies.