scuba dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

rark

Dec 21, 2005
hey guys.
have a question here, can I still scuba dive if I wear glasses?

rark said:
hey guys.
have a question here, can I still scuba dive if I wear glasses?

yes you can.... you can buy masks with prescribed lenses. go to any dive shops and they will give you more information.

Shouldn't be a problem.

My friends also dive wearing contacts.
Just that remember to close your eyes when you clear your mask.

oic. so i think there's not much of a problem :D Thanks guys

firestone said:
How about if I wear contacts?
I mean with the pressure and stuff...

Wear the daily disposable contacts is best. Better vision and less distortion than masks with degree lens.

Greetings.

I am a PADI divemaster and believe that although you "may" wear contact lenses underwater, such is not at all adviceable. It is true that you may see with contacts, however, as with any Open Water Courses, you will be required to clear your mask underwater. The possibility of loosing your lenses remains very high.

Prescription / Degree enabled lenses (for masks) are available and cost aprox $100-200 for a set.

Hopes the above helps

i agreed with BW that there are possibilities the lenses will drop off but i personally prefer wearing lenses. it gives me more choice when it come to choosing mask (i'm not talking about those fancy design, i'm refering to the silicon skirt that will seal nicely on my face). i find that its much more easier than to source for a mask that suit your face structure and come with power lenses as well.

during OWD, just inform your instructor that you are wearing lenses and won't be able to open your eyes. you can still clear your mask with your eyes closed. after you are certified, you will dive more and mask clearing should become a second nature. by then you will have no prob clearing mask with your lenses on (or eyes closed).

another advantage of wearing lenses is that you will still be able to see after you remove your mask while waiting to climb onto the boat. there are also some divers who like to chuck their weights/belts/fins/snorkel by the side of the entry and you will be able to negotiate your way around with a clear sight.

all these are my personal preferance and hope my 2cents help.

Bleuwhale said:
Greetings.

I am a PADI divemaster and believe that although you "may" wear contact lenses underwater, such is not at all adviceable. It is true that you may see with contacts, however, as with any Open Water Courses, you will be required to clear your mask underwater. The possibility of loosing your lenses remains very high.

Prescription / Degree enabled lenses (for masks) are available and cost aprox $100-200 for a set.

Hopes the above helps

like IF i underwent lasik and i recovered. will i be able to dive ? coz like when i enquired, instructors told me that the pressure in the eyes may cause my eyes to burst or something ? i dunoo.:dunno: maybe u can enlighten me ?

coz i am gg to take basic in april and advance this year and next. and the "best" thing is that NDU says they dun take in diver trainees who had lasik.. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.