Screen Protector

Good AM everyone,i would like to check with u guys is there such thing as the "best"screen protector around?I have seen post mentioning the GS brand(i tink so)...is this brand good?I have just gotten a new Canon dslr & the salesman sold mi a $5 one but to me,it looks thin & a bit filmsy.I am just worried that it might fall off someday soon...Just like to check whether any brudders out there got any idea where to get the "best"screen protector & how much it costs.Thanks for the help!

how can a normal screen protector be filmsy and drop off soon? then in that case many iphone user's screen protector would drop off their screen? dont make sense right?? get a GGS protector, search for it in the mass sales section...

i second to GGS recommendation..

My GGS cracked when my camera in the bag got sandwiched awkwardly between the seat and seatbelt during ride at USS..
Cant imagine what will happen if my screen without it..

Any idea can the viewfinder close for the 60d with GSS?

ZerocoolAstra said:
viewfinder?
do you mean the big flip-LCD perhaps?

Oh yes, sorry I got mix up. I suppose viewfinder I the small window to look through? So with GS, I can close the flip LCD?

Oh yes, sorry I got mix up. I suppose viewfinder I the small window to look through? So with GS, I can close the flip LCD?

for my A55, it can swivel facing in but still have a gap.. due to glass protector thickness

anyhow.. i never bother to swivel in since i got the GGS..

Am using them cheap plastic sheets for namecards bought from Popular Bkstore
can't remember the price per packet of 10shts though :)

Cupid33 said:
Good AM everyone,i would like to check with u guys is there such thing as the "best"screen protector around?I have seen post mentioning the GS brand(i tink so)...is this brand good?I have just gotten a new Canon dslr & the salesman sold mi a $5 one but to me,it looks thin & a bit filmsy.I am just worried that it might fall off someday soon...Just like to check whether any brudders out there got any idea where to get the "best"screen protector & how much it costs.Thanks for the help!

Get GGS. It's made in Germany. So what do u think of its quality?

I used to use the thin flimsy one, like for HP. The corners start to peel off in 2 months.

Anyway GGS is not expensive. Only $10. And this $10 can last you forever, unless there is impact to it

donut88 said:
Get GGS. It's made in Germany. So what do u think of its quality?

I used to use the thin flimsy one, like for HP. The corners start to peel off in 2 months.

Anyway GGS is not expensive. Only $10. And this $10 can last you forever, unless there is impact to it

Germany? Wow and I am think they are made in china all these years.

Regardless of where GGS are made, they are the ones I used.

Ok then.so where can I buy the GGS screen protector,any idea?thanks!

Went sgcamerastores jus nw...dun have GGS leh.bought Hercules brand,made in Korea.World Best Digital Camera LCD Protector Armour as written on the product.cost 18 bucks.Cheers!

Marcus7 said:
Went sgcamerastores jus nw...dun have GGS leh.bought Hercules brand,made in Korea.World Best Digital Camera LCD Protector Armour as written on the product.cost 18 bucks.Cheers!

Opps sorry x.x

yup got the hercules as well it as well still using until today for more than 1 year

Alright man...No worries.Ha!

just get those reliable brands and u will be save.

personally i am using martin fields for my cam.

[SUP][/SUP]
i dont think it's really made in germany bah, everything else is made in china nowadays!

Could be MIC too.. perhaps GGS actually means German Going Sino.. hahaha

Someone who just bought it can share with us the "Made in ___________." part.

i dont think it's really made in germany bah, everything else is made in china nowadays!

[SUP][/SUP]

Someone who just bought it can share with us the "Made in ___________." part.

You guys all missed the real point of my reply... :p

They are all made in C H I N A. where you can order anything, and get your own brand pasted on anything.

BTW, GGS is a Chinese company situated in Guangzhou... http://www.ggs020.com/

Last edited:
Germans have a habit of not converting / translating their names and brands into English language :) Your idea would result in 'DGC' (literally translated).