screen protector for underwater camera?

Zaknafein

Oct 29, 2005
my room
www.flickr.com
Are there any screen protector made for underwater cameras? I have an olympus tg4 that i want to paste on, but was advised by shop that the screen protector will just come off when inside water.... Any advise or experience?

No specific experience but I cant imagine the screen protector will come off that easily when underwater given the amount of pressure that is pressing the plastic film against the LCD screen. I could be wrong too but then again I will also trust that the LCD screen on the TG4 should be able to withstand minor scratch attempts.

Have the TG4 and as richiemccaw1 has suggested, the normal screen protector falls off after immersion in water. An alternative is the higher end protector screens, can't remember the brand (sorry), but needs a fairly complicated application process. Another cheap option is to use wide clear transparent sticky tape, discard after every wet use, and reapply.

Unless some form of glue is use... don't think screen protecter would stick once in water... :think:

I stand corrected and learn something new. :)

Oh ic... So there is such thing
I want to protect the screen, as I'm usually a very careful person, but after just 1 holiday trip, the are a few minor scratches already...
Can pls try to advise the brand of screen protector?
What about the glass type? Would those work?

Nik-enduser, do i have protector on ur tg4? I am loving the camera and it pains me to see the scratches

I had placed screen protector twice and both fell off after use in water or near water.
Now with many scratches and another protector but I know it will be useless again soon.
I use my unit for fields work in rivers and streams, so there is quite a bit of water dunking.

Oh ic... Is the one currently in use the high end one that u mention? So even that will drop off after usage in water after some time?

Oh ic... Is the one currently in use the high end one that u mention? So even that will drop off after usage in water after some time?

Nope, cheap ones, less than $5