Scapes

Moon over Bedok Reservoir

dsc5096.jpg

Interesting shot Ghaz. Somehow 'Windy Day' is not loading :dunno:

Check it again, seems fine loading here. Maybe some problem with my hosting site earlier. :dunno:

Bedok Reservoir 19

dsc5090bw.jpg

Moon over Bedok Reservoir II

dsc5097.jpg

Bedok Reservoir 20

dsc511201bw.jpg

Bedok Reservoir 20

dsc511201bw.jpg

Had something similar in mind when I was taking a stroll with my wife at the reservoir last night. I think this side of the reservoir offers more potential for minimalistic works as well as stronger FG subjects than the other bank. :think:

Should really explore one of these days...

Ghaz, side track a bit. Time to get your sensors cleaned. Spotted a few dust bunnies in your shots..

Last edited:
Had something similar in mind when I was taking a stroll with my wife at the reservoir last night. I think this side of the reservoir offers more potential for minimalistic works as well as stronger FG subjects than the other bank. :think:

Should really explore one of these days...

Ghaz, side track a bit. Time to get your sensors cleaned. Spotted a few dust bunnies in your shots..

Yes, definitely. The other side affords more opportunities for nice hilly paths which i am planning on shooting next. I did spot a nice bend in the road from there which i will look at also one of these days.

Yes, you are right about the dust spots. Was planning to go end of year, been killing the bunnies with PP cloning work, but seems like they're getting more and more! Must get shotgun next! :bsmilie:

Quite like this B&W :)

Glad you liked it. I was going for that strong diagonal line across the frame but when i downloaded the picture in ViewNX2, was just struck by the tonal range in the sky and water. Did a channel conversion to B&W and the tones showed up even more nicely. :)

Bedok Reservoir 21

dsc5118g.jpg

Glad you liked it. I was going for that strong diagonal line across the frame but when i downloaded the picture in ViewNX2, was just struck by the tonal range in the sky and water. Did a channel conversion to B&W and the tones showed up even more nicely. :)

Yep, I think it has a lot to do with the tonal range and the lack of banding also especially in the sky (can see bit of banding in the water, think quite okay). Something to do with the lighting from the buildings on the right of the horizon also. Good one there ;)

Yep, I think it has a lot to do with the tonal range and the lack of banding also especially in the sky (can see bit of banding in the water, think quite okay). Something to do with the lighting from the buildings on the right of the horizon also. Good one there ;)

Now that you mention it, i've been having problems with regards to "banding" recently and had to discard several promising pictures. Do you know what causes this? Over PP?

Bedok Reservoir 22

dsc5128.jpg

Bedok Reservoir 23

dsc5138.jpg

Bedok Reservoir 24

dsc5147a.jpg

Bedok Reservoir 25

dsc515001.jpg

Bedok Reservoir 26

dsc5174.jpg