Scantily dressed = asking to be raped?

OT ...... I just got a "reputation comment" (under Notifications) from the mod for expressing my views on this topic .... What's it supposed to mean? :dunno:

That means they like you :bsmilie:

That means they like you :bsmilie:

........ for a moment I thought my reputation stinks .......... :sweat: .......LOL

In the past, it also meant getting a yellow card for farting too much ..... :bsmilie:

Last edited:
That also means he'll be invited to the high table in the chicken rice restaurant? :bsmilie:

That good arh ?? I just want the thighs ..... No breast never mind ... :p

Not even waitress one? :bsmilie:

....... No lah ....... Don't want people to think I too greedy ...... Haha

By saying this you are saying that the trigger point for a rape is skimpy dressing or aesthetics. I don't think it's the case, more often than not the crime occurs because of an opportunity presenting itself rather than planning for a particular target who catches your whim and fancy. One must remember that rape occurs at all ages and to all sorts of people.

I don't quite agree with your analogy. It appears legit at first, but once again, a person who does so can be seen as silly, but they never deserve to be robbed either.

I didn't say they deserve it either. They don't. I think the whole point of this hoohaa is not about the moral issue. I think everyone is pretty much agree on it.
The problem is the gap between the ideal and the reality. So if some silly uncle in a Merc get robbed or kidnapped, should he say to the criminal, 'I don't deserve this' and get away with it?
There's no talking sense into the criminal.
What I'm saying is that we are expected to take reasonable precautions in anything we do, and we can't force the ideal into the practical.
I think living in Sg have made some people to have some false sense of security.

To a desperate person, even the chicken bones are considered a treasure

I didn't say they deserve it either. They don't. I think the whole point of this hoohaa is not about the moral issue. I think everyone is pretty much agree on it.
The problem is the gap between the ideal and the reality. So if some silly uncle in a Merc get robbed or kidnapped, should he say to the criminal, 'I don't deserve this' and get away with it?
There's no talking sense into the criminal.
What I'm saying is that we are expected to take reasonable precautions in anything we do, and we can't force the ideal into the practical.
I think living in Sg have made some people to have some false sense of security.

What happens happens.. The uncle is silly and his actions may have caused the downfall, but my point is that we can't say for sure. Maybe another day, another month, he would have walked naked through the whole of a dodgy street and it could be just that nothing happens. But no one asks to be robbed, murdered, raped, molested, etc. Well, almost no one, save for the really masochistic people. :)

Anyways, safe or dangerous, Singapore or anywhere else, there will always be people without street smarts. If everyone was streetsmart the world would have less criminals because there would be less opportunities for people to try, with the idea that they would get away with it. Cheers. :)

So, if I wear an Omega, am I asking to be robbed?
Can't believe so many people are inviting others to rob their hses. (i.e. staying in nice bungalow)

ya lor, so many girls wear bikinis on the beach. Are they asking to be raped?

Pls grow up!

To a desperate person, even the chicken bones are considered a treasure

i am desperate of taking pictures of people in public places. So are you gonna hide in your home and not coming out? LOL

ya lor, so many girls wear bikinis on the beach. Are they asking to be raped?

Pls grow up!

Not that .....probably the would be rapist spend too much time sizing up all the gals ..... dunno which one to pick ...... like judge in a swimwear competition ..... :bsmilie:

[video=youtube;2OBPaenkxdg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OBPaenkxdg[/video]

Reactions: Van Faniel
basically .. rape is wrong.. regardless if the girl wears provocatively or not..
even a prostitute who wears provocatively is not asking to be raped.
anyway.. from the 2nd picture, the person who shot that image, is trying to shoot a provocative image from bottom up ?

watch this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96YcPd-_qo4
and c the ridiculous reason the defense lawyer push all the blame to the girls who were raped..

if our society have such thoughts.. I am worried about our future generations..

Nobody is saying rapist or molesters are right because the how victim dress or behaves. I think we are just saying people have to be street smart. Realities n ideals r different n far apart.

on the street
being street-smart
trumps idealism.

Idealism is an after-the-fact afterthought.
Street smart is avoiding trouble even if not your fault.

Wise person know which to apply.

on the street
being street-smart
trumps idealism.

Idealism is an after-the-fact afterthought.
Street smart is avoiding trouble even if not your fault.

Wise person know which to apply.

Too bad many likes to apply ideals as prevention n there lies the problem.
Myself is guilty of that. Sometimes I see a situation n apply ideals n hence becomes angry. Like my recent post on selfish people n using soldiers to clear road blockages.
Lucky I only applies that to situation that isn't life changing.

Last edited:
this reminds me of some gers wearing short shorts....wearing it short..but keep pulling down....

WHY WANNA DO THAT?

I think the whole point is being considerate.

One wouldn't walk around munching a huge delicious turkey thigh in front of UN relief post for the hungry ppl.

So, parading around scantily dressed in front of ppl classified as SDU, or those whose gf and wife "never give" is really not considerate. Correct?

Last edited:
this reminds me of some gers wearing short shorts....wearing it short..but keep pulling down....

WHY WANNA DO THAT?

To make sure you paying attention to that shorts lor...