Scanning for Prey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maconian

Jun 19, 2006
Singapore
Tiger Beetle was standing still and scanning for potential prey, I guess :lovegrin:
C&C are most welcome :sweatsm:

20D, Tamron 180, f16, 1/60sec, ISO800. Elbow as my monopod.
2268437065_8ae35baa63_o.jpg

Close-up side view (uncropped), I have no idea how to compose this TB in close-up (I wish for the frontal view) :sweat:
20D, Tamron 180 + 1.4X TC + 36mm ET, f16, ISO 800, can't remember the shutter speed?
2269229154_28eb51238d_o.jpg

I see a few of the same TB around here . Did you guys meet up for this shoot ? :what:

I see a few of the same TB around here . Did you guys meet up for this shoot ? :what:

I also noticed that from other thread. If you are refering to Joerems, yes we did ;)

Beautiful image brother.
BG is clean too.
You went prone to get this shot?

Very clear picture! Nice!

Looks like it got a body of Heavy Armor ! Really a shot worth keeping & wanting to shoot more on it !

:thumbsup: For you again !

Beautiful image brother.
BG is clean too.
You went prone to get this shot?
Thanks Bcool, Yes I did, must prone too low and approach this TB slowly. ;)

Outstanding shot!
Thanks Bro :)

Very clear picture! Nice!
Thanks yannh

Looks like it got a body of Heavy Armor ! Really a shot worth keeping & wanting to shoot more on it !
:thumbsup: For you again !
Thanks a lot ming9866 :D

Wow, how did you get so near to the guy. Great shots!

180mm for this , won't be too far ... I think this TB is having a nap , otherwise i don't think its going to be easy ... :sweat:

Wow, how did you get so near to the guy. Great shots!
Aside from patience and luck, I would say this little fella was so tamed compared to other TB in different location. These are the tips:
1. TB have a blurry vision and not far sighted.
2. Try to crouch slowly (or body flat onto the ground) while approaching to this TB. Elbow pads and knee pads are better choice for this awkward shooting position.
3. When you are at ideal shooting distance, don't make any sudden or jerking move when you position your camera. :sweat:
4. Make your best shot (the most I can get are 3-5 shots), this TB are active predator looking for prey as mentioned by m00nman26.

Nice one bro..:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Are you Lxx. Can you recognize me from my nick??

Nice one bro..:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Are you Lxx. Can you recognize me from my nick??
Certainly I am ;)
Thanks Bro... I hope we can shoot macro in the field, soon. :)

180mm for this , won't be too far ... I think this TB is having a nap , otherwise i don't think its going to be easy ... :sweat:

Sleeping while standing up. whoa....
Scary.
I thot only our peeps in the SAF are the only creature that had mastered this technique.:bsmilie:
I wondered do they sleep run while in deep stupor?
Could be painful if they ever run into a rock.:hung:
Sorry for the OT bro.....couldn't help thinking out loud.:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.