SCAM BEWARE! USA imported Home Theate System..from Van driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This year alone I have been approached 5 times at different places. Each time, I just told them that I was not interested and they just drove on.

firestone said:
But to be fair...
There are buyers paying abt $200 who said that they're worth that amt...

Even though those guys told lies abt their product, selling out of van,etc..It may actually be a GOOD BUY for that amt!:thumbsup:

Morally wrong, dubious etc etc..but it'll be hard for you to find any other $200 5 speakers home theatre systems that sounds as gd..If it sounds decent.why not?

just scared tat they pack those garang guni stock into the boxes..i've seen somebody deal like tat before..same description as above..2 guys with a van full load of hi-fi equipment like BMB, JBL, Denon, etc..they approach a guy collecting car at carpark..can tell that 1 of the guy persuading very persistently..the driver more bo chap whether can sell a not..when the deal goes through..both of them quickly unload stuff and transfer to the buyer's car..saw the man paid them a few hundred ~200-300 not a big stack of notes..after that the van like rush off immediately..but the buyer looks happy..

As for the police thing..i've mention in a previous thread before..the best thing u see them doing is to da bao breakfast, lunch, dinner, and supper. IMF aside, u hardly see police patrol the streets..dun tell me driving the patrol car make 1 round in the carpark is call patrolling..

i ever made a police report, and they took 15-20mins to arrive when the police station is oni 5mins walk away..:thumbsd:

I was approached by someone in a van by the food court at Sunset Way, Clementi. I told the guy that everyone knew about the scam and it was about time he upped his creativity!! He didn't look too pleased!

blazer_workz said:
i ever made a police report, and they took 15-20mins to arrive when the police station is oni 5mins walk away..:thumbsd:

oh com'on!! be fair to them!!

they need to look into the mirror and comb their hair nice nice!:thumbsup:
head can drop, hair cannot be messy ok!

I get approached all the time at Harbourfront Centre carpark! By the same guys in the same van on same floor!

firestone said:
But to be fair...
There are buyers paying abt $200 who said that they're worth that amt...

Even though those guys told lies abt their product, selling out of van,etc..It may actually be a GOOD BUY for that amt!:thumbsup:

Morally wrong, dubious etc etc..but it'll be hard for you to find any other $200 5 speakers home theatre systems that sounds as gd..If it sounds decent.why not?

So far, the lowest people have paid is $200..and now that the cat is out of the bag..
Tink can offer less than that?lol

So many of you had encounter before :bsmilie: not only me then.

Some happy some not~
Some gain some rugi~

I think I suay only....kana curse! :angry:

:bsmilie:

But have anyone know the hi-fi model they are selling? is it a good brand? or fakes? what is the value?

I think the brand might be rocks or bricks. Some American brand that is very common and very easily available in places like Home Depot.

I have been approached before, and when I declined the guy started crying saying that he needed the money cos he was broke. No I didn't feel sorry for him. Was tempted to call the police though.

I am wondering why the police wouldn't want to get involved?? Too much work for them??? Or are they driving around in the nice air-conditioned cars and sitting behind the air-conditioned police posts and don't want to go out cos it's too hot or raining??

like i posted previously, he didnt commit any crime or is going to (since he didnt use physical force or threaten buyer into dealing). police cant do anything in this case.

if buyer agrees to deal, as long as the home theater system works as promised and the product are what is stated outside the boxes. police cant get involve.

imo, its like B&S sub-forum, seller puts item/s up for sale and didnt use physical force or threaten any cser into dealing. are we going to call police?

unlike those "magical stone" or "state of the art micro-chip". those are con jobs, police can take action.

Was almost caught myself by these guys outside Fook Hai building a month back. Only thing now is that after some hard persuading, they even agreed to lower the price to $50. When I still disagreed, one of them even said I could use it for an unlimited free trial. Too good to be true and drove off on the end.

like i posted previously, he didnt commit any crime or is going to (since he didnt use physical force or threaten buyer into dealing). police cant do anything in this case.

if buyer agrees to deal, as long as the home theater system works as promised and the product are what is stated outside the boxes. police cant get involve.

imo, its like B&S sub-forum, seller puts item/s up for sale and didnt use physical force or threaten any cser into dealing. are we going to call police?

unlike those "magical stone" or "state of the art micro-chip". those are con jobs, police can take action.

I understand what you are saying but these guys are knowingly trying to cheat people. Isn't this a con job too? Isn't there a difference if there is any?

I am not trying to pick a fight with you but I would like something to be done. If you don't get conned someone else will.

no worry lar hondasleeper, just having discussion mah.

i am just giving them benefit of doubt since i dont know anyone who had deal with them and are satisfied with system or was cheated by those guys.

but than if the problem is that the system does work "well" (eg sound not very solid), does the buyer go to "CASE" or police? i dont think police will get involve.

my guess is police cant take action without solid ground. i think they may take action if there are people who got cheated.

do we have any police or ex-police who can help shed some light?

no worry lar hondasleeper, just having discussion mah.

i am just giving them benefit of doubt since i dont know anyone who had deal with them and are satisfied with system or was cheated by those guys.

but than if the problem is that the system does work "well" (eg sound not very solid), does the buyer go to "CASE" or police? i dont think police will get involve.

my guess is police cant take action without solid ground. i think they may take action if there are people who got cheated.

do we have any police or ex-police who can help shed some light?

That's cool dennis, just wanted t make sure I didn't "offend" anyone, you know how overly sensitive some people in here get. They can dish it out but can't take what they dish out.

You can't go to CASE as these jokers aren't a registered or established shop or retail outlet. If we call the police enough maybe they will either step up patrols and if you get the license plate of the vehicle they are selling the stuff out of, the police can keep an eye out for these guys and maybe harrass them and maybe they'll go into hiding.

no, i dont think they will go into hiding since they have and is smart enough to know what is within their right so as to not commited any crime.

2 months ago, i was approached in the carpark outside the immigration office. same story... too good to be true, said no money, he said he can show me to the atm (after telling me it is free at first).

what do they get? obviously it cannot be for free. sometimes if you give too little, you may even be subject to ridicule shouted at you, and you will then be embarassed and pay more!

just recently, i heard over the chinese radio that some components may be missing in the boxes, how are you going to check on-the-spot???

they are just appealing to our `greed' for something free. just ignore them.

Was approached a couple of times, Fort Canning Carpark, Sim Lim Tower Carpark, Anguilla Carpark... all those open air ones..... think the Brand was EKO. Just wondering if the sound system may even work at all.

As for the MIB, my fren recently encountered a cobra in his HDB estate at night. He was walking home when suddenly the cobra high-alert on him about 5 to 7m away. Fren called MIB and by the time they came, cobra stand-down already (strange that the cobra didn't leave). They didn't really believe that it was a cobra and approached it and the cobra Mari Kita again....... wise guys. Then they say they only catch python, cobra not their specialty (fair reason) and they prefer not to call in pest busters so late at night (why not?)...... dunno mentioned something about cost. Sigh!

Unfortunately my dad got scammed by this "white van syndicate" before... bot a pair of speakers for a few hundred dollars.

My audiophile brother concluded the speakers are essentially close to worthless, the brand does not exist and the sound is far from professional sounding speakers... BUT at least the speakers work!

The brand of the speakers is "Status" and they are currently in my studio haha.... since my dad already paid for them might as well use them right?

All those speakers are workable.

Except they comes in larger BOX! If you dismantle, alamak...speaker small small, stupid wooden tower box big big.

these guys are very smart, they wont dare "sell" you common brand stuff (house hold) and those high end system you can find in adelphi.

i guess what we can do is to also get smart. dont buy stuff that you can recognise.

would you buy a camera or lens for afew hundred dollars of a unknown brand or unknown to youself (maybe newbie mah).

Status
Not open for further replies.