SCA3102M2 and Canon G6

Status
Not open for further replies.

tzesian

Mar 16, 2004
Bukit Merah
Dear All,

I'd bought an used SCA3102M2 adapter for My G6 camera.

The Flash works very well on Auto mode, (Apeature priority). The shutter speed, would be 1/60 whenever my 32MZ3 is attached and switch on on the G6. Exposure is very good, (I tried all my test shot ceiling bounced), however, I couldn't get any TTL operation, the flash pump out all the juice and I'd all the overexposed shot. Anyone has any idea, what do I have to do, to have the TTL function working ?

I also bought a Off camera cord 2 from the seller, he told me, whenever, he had his Metz flash attached on the off camera cord, the flash would become very sluggish, and hesitant. I did the test and fould that despite not having the TTL function, the Auto mode, again works fine with the flash attached on the cord 2. I don't have any sluggish or hesitant problem....

I have other Metz Flash such as a 44MZ2, 40MZ2, 32Z2. If the 32MZ3 does not works well with G6, has anyone have luck with other Metz flash on the G6 ?

TIA !

Lim

tzesian said:
Dear All,

I'd bought an used SCA3102M2 adapter for My G6 camera.

The Flash works very well on Auto mode, (Apeature priority). The shutter speed, would be 1/60 whenever my 32MZ3 is attached and switch on on the G6. Exposure is very good, (I tried all my test shot ceiling bounced), however, I couldn't get any TTL operation, the flash pump out all the juice and I'd all the overexposed shot. Anyone has any idea, what do I have to do, to have the TTL function working ?

I also bought a Off camera cord 2 from the seller, he told me, whenever, he had his Metz flash attached on the off camera cord, the flash would become very sluggish, and hesitant. I did the test and fould that despite not having the TTL function, the Auto mode, again works fine with the flash attached on the cord 2. I don't have any sluggish or hesitant problem....

I have other Metz Flash such as a 44MZ2, 40MZ2, 32Z2. If the 32MZ3 does not works well with G6, has anyone have luck with other Metz flash on the G6 ?

TIA !

Lim

Only Metz 40mz3i, 54mz3, 54mz4, 54mz4i can give you TTL with Canon digital camera. In my experience, my metz 40mz3i & SCA3102M works well in TTL mode with Canon G1, D30, 10D, but I lost TTL capability with 20D due to my SCA3102M is too old...

Just bought a 54MZ4. Strange ! Still no TTL with the SCA3102 M2 adapter on G6 ?!

tzesian said:
Just bought a 54MZ4. Strange ! Still no TTL with the SCA3102 M2 adapter on G6 ?!

Did you turn on slave flash? turn it off then you can get TTL.

Finally got ETTL working on G6 ! Thanks everybody whom had help !:cheergal:

Thread closed !

Finally not only got ETTL, but + off camera cord 2 working on G6 Together with 54MZ4 ! Thanks everybody whom had help !:cheergal:

Thread closed !

Status
Not open for further replies.