SB600 @ PC Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

garytanbw

Apr 4, 2004
SB 600 is at pc show... selling at $445. But I still ended up buying SB800 @ $649. SB 600 is made in china one....

Urm.. a bit ex, but nevermind! Now's the time to shoot shoot shoot!!!

SB-600 made it's apperance at PC Show eh? Maybe sat I go pay a visit.

I know MS color is cheaper lah. I waited for SB600 for so long then end up at the booth, a guy was telling me SB600 they only have 6 piece and say made in china. As I wanted to buy diffuser also, he say SB 800 from Japan and got diffuser and other stuff lor. much better then SB600. so in the end settle with SB800. At least its $1 cheaper the CP.

silver.wolf said:
u bought your SB800 @ the PC show?

garytanbw said:
I know MS color is cheaper lah. I waited for SB600 for so long then end up at the booth, a guy was telling me SB600 they only have 6 piece and say made in china. As I wanted to buy diffuser also, he say SB 800 from Japan and got diffuser and other stuff lor. much better then SB600. so in the end settle with SB800. At least its $1 cheaper the CP.

There's a stand that comes with the flash units rite....?

How high can the stand go.....?

guess it's abt time this baby arrives... haha... :blah:

DX.

garytanbw said:
SB 600 is at pc show... selling at $445. But I still ended up buying SB800 @ $649. SB 600 is made in china one....

Made in where is not a matter nowadays......with the globalization of the industry....

rgds,
me

Dunno leh... Just kena wash by the promoter there... sigh.... Whats the Diff btw SB 800 and SB600? I dun really know.... Except I know the GN are different thats all...

sulhan said:
Made in where is not a matter nowadays......with the globalization of the industry....

rgds,
me

Hmmm... diff by $204.. worth?? :think:

Another diff will be the shorter recycling time with the Quick Recycling Battery Pack... i.e SB800- 2.7s, SB-600-3.5s...and of course with the additional stuff like Quick Recycle Battery Pack, Speedlight Stand, Colored Filter Set, Diffusion Dome etc...

satan_18349 said:
Another diff will be the shorter recycling time with the Quick Recycling Battery Pack... i.e SB800- 2.7s, SB-600-3.5s...and of course with the additional stuff like Quick Recycle Battery Pack, Speedlight Stand, Colored Filter Set, Diffusion Dome etc...

it cannot be used as a master unit in CLS.

Opps correction it has A mode.

garytanbw said:
Dunno leh... Just kena wash by the promoter there... sigh.... Whats the Diff btw SB 800 and SB600? I dun really know.... Except I know the GN are different thats all...

SB800 can tilts down -7 degree, SB600 cannot, which I find very important to me when I used it to shot fish inside the fish tank.

tanhb said:
SB800 can tilts down -7 degree, SB600 cannot, which I find very important to me when I used it to shot fish inside the fish tank.
just take the Sb-600 off the cam and use CLS to trigger it. better still rite? :D

more info on the different flashes

http://www.bythom.com/flashcompare.htm

Another point :
If i wanted to use Non CLS slave units with the SB-600 it would cause them to have trigger early because SB-600 CLS has Pre FLash and cannot be turned off. While SB-800 can.

SianZronG said:
just take the Sb-600 off the cam and use CLS to trigger it. better still rite? :D

more info on the different flashes

http://www.bythom.com/flashcompare.htm

Another point :
If i wanted to use Non CLS slave units with the SB-600 it would cause them to have trigger early because SB-600 CLS has Pre FLash and cannot be turned off. While SB-800 can.
I went down to the PC Show today.. saw the SB-800 but didn't see the 600 leh... hmm.. weird :(

Seems like most ppl who wanted to get the Sb-600 ended up getting the SB-800 instead.. lol.. considering which to get now.. sigh :)

romeo said:
I went down to the PC Show today.. saw the SB-800 but didn't see the 600 leh... hmm.. weird :(

Yeah...I only saw the box...but not the flash...hehehe...:D

tanhb said:

Buy an SC-17 or SC-29 and do TTL off body flash.. -7 degrees is a niggle.. not a nag..

Snake said:
Hmmm... diff by $204.. worth?? :think:

Yes I would think so..

As much as the SB800 (is like God sent to many people especially people like ESPN).. but it is not a miracle..

If you dont need the RAW power of the SB800.. and you are using it more for casually photography.. I see no reason to spend the extra 200+ dollars on the SB800.. also.. that 200 can be used to purchase other essential stuff like more CF.. or other things..

As for the things like a speedlight stand.. that can be bought saparately.. AS-19.. at about 10.00 per piece.. Question.. how often will you use it anyway.. honestly.. I have not used mine anymore then 5 times.. other then to do some CLS demo's..

That 200 saved.. can be used for lots more things.. especially if a flash to you.. is only used as a need to use.. and not a must use.. if you get what I mean.

And if you (generalizing) do tell me that.. the recycling time is faster on the SB800 and blah blah blah.. and that you shoot events.. then.. you should not be just using the SB800.. but the SB-8A too... and the DC batt in as well.. hehe..

Buy what you need.. and remember.. make the tool work for you.. and not the other way..

Status
Not open for further replies.