Oct 20, 2009
why should I tell you?
I wish to get a external flash for my D700,
was wondering which one to get...
the SB-700 seem nice enough to me,
and hence it is cheaper too:bsmilie:

but I heard that if I choose SB-700,
the flash coverage can caused vignetting on picture,
so anyone using SB-700 on nikon FF camera?
can share with your experience?thanks ya!:)

i dont really get what you mean by getting vignetting using SB-700. i dont get that even using the D700 built-in flash..

SB900 or SB700 depending on the power and throw distance, also if you can handle and except the weight and size. i only used SB900 so thats my 2cts.

More power, advanced features, etc sb900
less power, no high tech features BUT less weight, essentials, still a pro flash, sb 700

SB-700 is a dummy flash. Dun get me wrong, dummy is not becos it has limited features but becos it does most of the hard work intelligently for you. It's definitely a great flash. So far the only thing it misses out from SB-900 is the repeating flash mode, longer flash zoom and lesser max flash power.

but I heard that if I choose SB-700,
the flash coverage can caused vignetting on picture,
so anyone using SB-700 on nikon FF camera?

that onli happens when u shoot at angles wider than the flash's widest angle of coverage in the spec sheet.

SB-700 is a dummy flash. Dun get me wrong, dummy is not becos it has limited features but becos it does most of the hard work intelligently for you. It's definitely a great flash. So far the only thing it misses out from SB-900 is the repeating flash mode, longer flash zoom and lesser max flash power.

In another word, you are saying that the SB700 is for dummies, lol.

Haha, then I'm a dummy too. I own a copy. Currently pass it to my GF for her favorite type of photoshoot.

It's a great flash for masters and dummies like me ;)