SB-600 flash

sorry to hijack your thread abit..

recently my flash SB-800 just died.. :cry:
i dont know what's the cause for it but i've tried to mount it on different body it
doesn't seems to fire at all but what i notice is that the flash "screen" (the glowing green)
still can set the settings just that when press the shutter button it doesnt fire at all.

may it be the "fuse" blown?
if it's so my warrantly already ended since sept 09:cry:

Blown flash tube.

sorry to hijack your thread abit..

recently my flash SB-800 just died.. :cry:
i dont know what's the cause for it but i've tried to mount it on different body it
doesn't seems to fire at all but what i notice is that the flash "screen" (the glowing green)
still can set the settings just that when press the shutter button it doesnt fire at all.

may it be the "fuse" blown?
if it's so my warrantly already ended since sept 09:cry:

Aspenx could be right. It could be a defective flash tube

A blown fuse means totally no power. Nothing will light up, not the LCD screen display or the illumination (glowing green).

The fuse is actually a thermal fuse sitting beside the battery compartment.
It breaks when the battery become really hot.
Some sort of protection to prevent further damage or even fire.
It should be replaced by the exact rating or else, no more protection

thanks guys for the kind reply, much appreciated :)
i'll dropby NSC tmrw to get it fix.

I have a sb-600 flash and in good working condition.. am just not sure how much it will cost if I sell, how much? I will be getting a 550d so I need to let go of this great flash to get a canon flash.

dropped by NSC there, they checked and confirmed it's blown flash tube.
sent for parts replacements and general servicing, getting it back in 1-2 weeks time.

dropped by NSC there, they checked and confirmed it's blown flash tube.
sent for parts replacements and general servicing, getting it back in 1-2 weeks time.

How fast (fps) were you shooting to blow it? And I presume you were using it in fp sync mode at relatively fast shutter speeds?

How fast (fps) were you shooting to blow it? And I presume you were using it in fp sync mode at relatively fast shutter speeds?

was on D200 at 5fps, tried the FP high speed sync thing, flash manually set 1/8 power;
shutter at 1/200s+ to test out till smth went wrong. :think: