Saw this climbing the stairs

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonefish35

Mar 26, 2005
Was on my way home after a local dive to the southern island on feb 4th, while climbing the stairs, was shocked to see this

176.JPG

it seems to me that its head is triangular and body brightly coloured with yellow, green and red. I suspect it might be poisonous , dropped my dive bag , took out my camera with it still in its underwater housing and snap a few shots. Having missed the chance to shoot a rare stonefish we encountered during the dive at Semakau island earlier on , ( i did not dive with my camera on the particular dive), I do not wish to miss this snake this time.

After that, afraid that it might enter people's house and bite some innocent people, I used a broom and swept it until the ground floor...

252.JPG

336.JPG

at 1st wanted to call the police to catch this fearing it might be poisonous, but its size is abit too small. Maybe the police might laugh at the size...so i monitored the snake, it seems its moving towards the grass patch at the void deck, so i simply leave it alone. Did not see it anymore for the past 2 weeks.

425.JPG

Any one able to ID this and whether its poisonous ? i know there's another thread on IDing a snake, did not wish to hijack that , thats why open another thread.

i see.. Thanks. Not much of a problem that i allow it to get back to nature.when i was trying to sweep it off to the ground level, it was on a Stand To position, funny stand off. Me 1 hand holding the broom, another hand holding my scuba diving fins as a shield in case it chiong at me..:bsmilie:

if it was indeed released by its owner, then he/she is so irresponsible to do that, releasing a snake with mild venom. Its climbing from 2nd to 3rd storey.:eek:

Maybe the snake wanted to do base jumping ? :think:

Yup its a paradise tree snake. Its a pretty common snake in SG, so it may be wild. Venom is mild and harmless to people, and generally this snake is not aggressive.

One of the few "flying snake" species. They have the ability to glide by flattening their bodies.
http://www.flyingsnake.org/faqs/faqs.html

:bigeyes: wah flying snake , :sweat:
Lucky my decision to use my scuba diving fins as a shield was a right one, in case it decides to "fly" at me with its fangs open . Lucky i did not call the police, if not a laughing stock :bsmilie: .

Status
Not open for further replies.