samsung nx 2000 or canon s120

cysnotts

Sep 30, 2004
I am a beginner and want to try some basic stuff on photography. I like taking photo with background blur. I have did some research and ended with samsung nx2000 or canon s120. Both price also the same with nx2000 having twin lens. I like the big screen of nx2000 and the well incorporate wifi transfer. The good on canon s120 is its small size and blur background function.

I am worried that nx2000 does not have a image stabilization which may cause image to be blur.

Can user of nx2000 or canon s120 advise me how is your experience with these camera.

Thanks

I am a beginner and want to try some basic stuff on photography. I like taking photo with background blur. I have did some research and ended with samsung nx2000 or canon s120. Both price also the same with nx2000 having twin lens. I like the big screen of nx2000 and the well incorporate wifi transfer. The good on canon s120 is its small size and blur background function.

I am worried that nx2000 does not have a image stabilization which may cause image to be blur.

Can user of nx2000 or canon s120 advise me how is your experience with these camera.

Thanks

For nx2000, or any nx cameras, the image stabilization is on the lens. Check if the twin lens offer IS or not.

The background blur of the s120 is a marketing gimmick. Background blur, or shallow depth of field, is achieved via a few parameters, one of them being the size of the sensor and the actual lens focus length. In this aspect, the nx, or almost all interchangeable lens camera systems, will win the compact s120.

This two cameras are of different league actually. If you can do without the small size, the NX is the way to go. Or you can consider similar offerings from sony, olympus and panasonic.

Samsung NX cameras are good cameras. My Samsung NX300 can do what my Canon 70D is able to do. Its lighter and more compact than all DSLRs in the market. Its definitely great for beginners (like myself).

Samsung NX cameras are good cameras. My Samsung NX300 can do what my Canon 70D is able to do. Its lighter and more compact than all DSLRs in the market. Its definitely great for beginners (like myself).

Have you tried the Olympus E-M10 or Fujifilm X-T1? Those cameras (personal experience) are smaller and faster.

The NX2000 20-50mm kit is great value for money. Not sure how much it is here but in Europe it goes for less than €200 new. The 18-55mm kit is a bit more expensive.

You will have a hard time blurring the backgrounmd with the Canon S120, the sensor is too small.

Last edited: