Samsung Nx 10 ?

eow

Jun 22, 2004
Surprisingly it available for sale in it show and yet it seem no one had mentioned buying or owning one.....

Surprisingly it available for sale in it show and yet it seem no one had mentioned buying or owning one.....

Samsung is not particularly known for their cameras. And in such a brand conscious society like ours, they might take a hit on sales. Even if some people buy, maybe they are ashamed to say it?

Samsung is not particularly known for their cameras. And in such a brand conscious society like ours, they might take a hit on sales. Even if some people buy, maybe they are ashamed to say it?

.Ashamed? .......................... Samsung user here ...... :devil:

It's really strange that while they had display sets, they did not want to take it out for all to try. The camera was alright, well built and sturdy and t holds well in my hands. Having come from a GF1, I found the focusing to be inferior to a GF1. Not only was it slower, but there were occasions where the 30mm could not focus properly.

Err.. i abt to get a ST550 for my wife bro.. rethink? :think:

Interested but the sample shots look noise and patchy.

Wasn't it Samsung the ones that said they want to own the mirrorless market?

What happened? All talk no action ar?

I think it would have been better if

1) Samsung kept K-mount.
2) Done a mirrorless version of the K-x.

But well they didn't and too bad :bsmilie:

Hmmm, I may be sticking my head out for nothing BUT...........I'm a Panasonic G1 user and I love my camera. Sure there are some flaws compared to Canon 550D or Nikon D90, but overall I'm quite pleased with it.

So when considering the Samsung NX10, I think the main reason why some people are adverse to it is because although the build quality is better (yes it feels very solid and makes my G1 feel flimsy and plastic in comparison) the lens roadmap and auto mode of the Samsung NX 10 has some catching up to do with Panasonic Micro 4/3 cameras. Add to that Sony's recent announcement that they're also gonna enter the mirrorless camera market soon and you'll soon realise why Samsung sales are not picking up as some might expect.

That being said, I'm sticking to my G1 for now. The Oly EP2 and Panny GF1 don't tempt me enough and if I were to upgrade in the future, it'll probably be to the GH2. As for Sony, well, I'm a budget-conscious person and Sony has a reputation for selling camera accessories (hint: external flash and Carl Zeiss lens) at astronomical prices, although the quality and function is not much better than similar products from other camera manufacturers.

Just my $0.02 worth......................

Went to IT show and wanted to try out but it's not on display. I thought they have no demo set and didn't bother to ask also. Saw very few people at their camera booth compared to other brands. Seems like they are 'not willing' to sell it? Wonder how many NX 10 can they sell this IT show. With no display set, how to sell?

That being said, I'm sticking to my G1 for now. The Oly EP2 and Panny GF1 don't tempt me enough and if I were to upgrade in the future, it'll probably be to the GH2. As for Sony, well, I'm a budget-conscious person and Sony has a reputation for selling camera accessories (hint: external flash and Carl Zeiss lens) at astronomical prices, although the quality and function is not much better than similar products from other camera manufacturers.

Just my $0.02 worth......................

I thought the G1 was an excellent camera. I was seriously considering it for a couple of months till I decided to go Nikon due to the large number of lenses already available to me.

ISO 800 onwards looks bad... seems like there's too much noise reduction.

IQ should be okay for beginners and those who have suffered injuries such as backpains... If it only have the ISO godliness of k-x, it might get the spot. :)

I was thinking the new samsung pns was quite stylish...

Last edited:
I bought an NX10 + 30mm lens at the show, but returned it the second day. The problem is the clock always reset to 1-Jan-2010 12am every time the camera is turned on, so all my photos are dated Jan-1.

We tried another set, it was the same. They said it can only be solved on the next firmware release. Best Denki was kind enough to let me return the set.

Base on my usage of NX10 for 1 night, I find it quite good. The AF speed is indeed a bit slower than my GF1+20mm, under some condition. The shutter of GF1 is more noisy. NX10 has much better grip, nicer to hold. The AMOLED display is better, and it comes with EVF, but resolution is only VGA.

Didn't manage to test much, got to return it the next day because of overseas trip.

Overall, I think Samsung has a good product. When is Canon/Nikon come out with one?

I am not sure if I want to keep GF1 or not, it is still not small enough to replace compact camera, though I think it is good enough to replace my DSLR. Hope Canon will come out a G12 with much better photo quality/bigger sensor.

Samsung has released a new body firmware 1.05 (15-Mar), hopefully they have fixed the problem.

Its not a bad camera especially with the 30/2 lens. How did you find the size of it compared to your GF-1?

By the way, 43rumors mention that maybe might have a new improved EVF for the GF-1 soon.