Samsung Galaxy Camera

I was eager to purchase it. Went to Samsung Store@Vivo and try. Feel it still have room for improvement and decide to wait for the next generation.

Anyone noticed that photo taking take up too much batt life? The standby time (auto off, fast boot option) batt life is excellent, ofc all connection cut off during standby and booting from standby less than 5 sec. But batt drop very fast only after taking 10+ shots .. like 90+ > 70 in less 15 min of usage ?

Last edited:
Anyone noticed that photo taking take up too much batt life? The standby time (auto off, fast boot option) batt life is excellent, ofc all connection cut off during standby and booting from standby less than 5 sec. But batt drop very fast only after taking 10+ shots .. like 90+ > 70 in less 15 min of usage ?

I think need a spare battery. I am waiting for my S2 battery from Gmarket/Qoo10.

Anyone knows how much spare original batt cost?

I heard you can use Samsung Galaxy S2 battery for the camera.

Curious, can you use those mobile charger used to charge IPAD to charge this camera?

I tried it recently with the Energi-to-go external battery for my iPhone and it works.

Sharing some of the shots taken by me recently with the Samsung Galaxy Camera. No editing other than resizing them for uploading.

sam1.jpg

sam2.jpg

sam3.jpg

It can actually do some decent close up shots.
sam4.jpg

sam5.jpg

Indeed the battery run out very fast when I keep shooting. A full charged last me from morning to dinner time, with quite a lot of surfing and some shooting. Just like my iPhone 4S. =D

Sharing some of the shots taken by me recently with the Samsung Galaxy Camera. No editing other than resizing them for uploading.

It can actually do some decent close up shots.

Nice, what mode did you use on those? Smart or Expert?

Still considering if a spare batt or external batt is a better option.

Last edited:
Elson17 said:
Nice, what mode did you use on those? Smart or Expert?

Still considering if a spare batt or external batt is a better option.

All with Auto mode, except for the last 2 food shots I used the Macro function from the Smart mode to settle it. Because I realize the colour changed when I bring the lens closer to the subject in Auto mode.

- - - - below - - -- -

Last edited:

This is what I foreseeing. Iin the recent Sitex show I asked the salesperson this question. Before he can say anything, the uncle behind eagerly wanted the camera answer for him. " Can bring along an external battery pack." I agree, what he say. So I drop the ideal of buying.

It is a very good camera. I still believe in it.

Spare battery quite normal for us. External battery pack will only be useful if one is having a break and sit down on chairs etc.
Look like time to hunt for spare battery.

Hmm...came across this "phone" few days ago and thought why telco selling "camera" :). Wonder what size is the sensor.

Hmm...came across this "phone" few days ago and thought why telco selling "camera" :). Wonder what size is the sensor.

The Galaxy Camera’s sensor is a 1/2.3" unit. It has a small sensor compare to others at this price range. The telco is selling the camera because it can use 3G. IMO, other brand will follow suit and start selling it with the 3g and Android OS with bigger/better sensor . The price will drop drastically. If you search deeply, the camera are selling at S$610 and soon will drop below S$600.

Test shot of my cat taken by Galaxy Camera, cropped, processed and filters applied by built-in Photo Wizard and uploaded by the camera to my various social media and file hosting sites.... quite fun. :)

147969543.jpg

Last edited:
Overall it's a fun camera in a whole new platform. Decent enough to capture moments when dslr can't be carry around always.