salesmen at AP

Status
Not open for further replies.

addixon

Sep 21, 2002
Visit site
hi all
I was thinking maybe I could start a thread on the salesmen at AP. Some of them are always trying to rip customers with their rudiculous quotes. Maybe there are some better ones, but we should highlight them so that clubsnappers that go to AP would know how to get the best prices, and those first timers wouldnt be ripped off.

Not only AP, other camera shops also, the most impt thing is know what you are buying and compare prices of as many quote as you can get.

In fact none of the camera shops' prices are consistent, unless you know the salesman well after multiple purchase an becomes regular customer. After all they are doing business, how can they sell cheap to everybody, rite? So for those who are green to photography, these sales ppl can 'detect' how much you know by the way you talk and they'll rip you if they see A SOTONG. :)

It would be better to do your own homework before committing to a purchase.

There are many members here who are familiar with the market price of a wide range of equipment. If you have any doubts you can always post a question here that is specific to the equipment you are interested in.

Also, there are retailers that provide electronic quoting. And as mentioned by Verre Vrai, there is no excuse for you not to be asking around and compare prices before you buy from anything from anyone.

Using CS to single out particular sales person should not be allowed.

Thanks.

- Roy

Agree with Roygoh. One of the easiest way to test water (check out the market rate of an item) is to get a E-quote from Cathay Photo or TKFoto. They both give every competitive prices for their stuffs... I often use that as a reference point. One more thing, make sure u check out prices of the accessories that you are buying. E.g. Filters. I've seen so many who got ripped off by paying $100 for a filter that costs only $50. The main items were sold at low price, but they make u pay under your nose with the additional accessories. Don't be pressurized esp when anyone tells you that if you buy this, better buy that as well. Buttom line is, whatever you buy make sure you know it's value...not just a perceived value, but it's true value ;)
Just my $0.02

Status
Not open for further replies.