SACA's Big Bike Bash!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sehsuan

Deregistered
Dec 12, 2002
Singapore
www.sportsshooter.com
More of a mudfest than the previous races, this race had obviously a smaller turnout. To kick off the events, we had the Rookies' (read: Kids) race first... Then, we had the Junior Veterans' race. And minutes after, it was the Senior Juniors (older Juniors) who were zooming off on their bikes, followed by the Junior Juniors (younger Juniors). Of course, it does give a little pressure from being sandwiched between two older and apparently faster riders...
IMG_2927.jpg

The ladies went next, since there were only the three of them, they took the race in a seemingly relaxed pace, I don't know :D The Senior Veterans took the next start, and away they go!
IMG_2897.jpg

Just at the BMX track right beside the Crosscountry race route, were the BSX riders... don't ask me what BSX stands for...
IMG_3079.jpg

With an event that has flight as part of the challenges,... Injuries do happen, so we have to be thankful for the prompt medical aid rendered...
IMG_3089.jpg

And moments after, the Open, Sports and Singlespeed categories started off together!
IMG_3119.jpg

When riding in a race, when you're leading, sometimes you have to "pull" others along by shielding some other riders from the wind to save their energy in the race. If the leader of the race doesn't want to "pull" anyone... you have to be smart and move yourself right behind the leader...
IMG_3129.jpg

One of the problems is that muddy water from the ground is thrown up into your face by the rear wheel of the rider in front of you...
IMG_3177.jpg

Some riders have a jovial outlook to the race... While some others are constantly at their physical threshold...
IMG_3207.jpg

Keeping your eyes, looking out for ground that may pose problems to riding is important, so keep your eyes peeled...
IMG_3235.jpg

Expect a mudbath from the race, due to the intermittent weather...
IMG_3267.jpg

You can ride in pairs... Or you can ride in a group
IMG_3307.jpg

Yet, not too far away, was the Biketrial Sidehop finals...
IMG_3450.jpg

At the end of the day, we must remember the sponsors...
IMG_3446.jpg

And get the prizes ready too...
IMG_3096.jpg

Remember your two-wheel cousins...
IMG_3098.jpg

Because we're one big family
IMG_3502.jpg

hmm.. seem like most pic are not focus on the subject. Either that or there was no post processing done to it. Can someone verify this? Hope it not my eyes.....

Maybe its time you start post processing your pics, all the shots are blur and very flat.

sehsuan,

D30/D60/10D pix outta camera needs some sharpening, as they are soft due to the AA filter.

Sorry to say this but they are kinda out of focus, and soft. How did you take them? AI Servo? Which priority mode?

Happy Boxing Day.

oeyvind said:
sehsuan,

D30/D60/10D pix outta camera needs some sharpening, as they are soft due to the AA filter.

Sorry to say this but they are kinda out of focus, and soft. How did you take them? AI Servo? Which priority mode?

Happy Boxing Day.

What about the 300D?

what shutter speed (& ISO)?

300D is basically a cripped 10D in a different body, so same.

sehsuan said:
all shots were done using ai servo...maybe later tonight i'll try to reupload USM'ed pics... ;)

AI Servo just means it is constantly focusing at half-press and shoots when you press the shutter release fully. From the viewfinder you can tell if the subject's going to be in focus or not, before you shoot. Even with the D30's primitive focusing system it can track moving objects in AI Servo with some accuracy. The 10D can do it better.

i can't remember which shots i did it this way: "hold" an umbrella under the neck while shooting with either my shorter WA zoom lens or the longer zoom lens. it's tricky to jaga the umbrella because of my two hands already grabbing to the lens + body, and i was not exactly very close knit to rainwater - the previous weekend you should have tried to shoot under a leaky tentage with water dripping down! :p this is one of my worst series of photos, i have to admit - not that the previous races were any good also... :cry:

the biketrial jump photo was shot probably 20+ meters away on manual focus - that one i remember because i was sheltering under the main tentage :embrass:

thanks for the feedback, folks! :)

Sehsuan, you may like to consider posting fewer images at one go as the loading time may put some viewers off. Just my 2 cts worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.