S9600

Status
Not open for further replies.

3rdEvo

Oct 2, 2005
Hi all,im thinking of buying a new digicam,so after seeing some reviews..seems Fuji 9600 is a pretty good camera to buy.Im into more of macro insects/flowers shoots as i saw lots of beautiful shots taken.Occasional potrait,landscape
-Will the macro/super macro mode works good shot like getting to shallow DOF?
-What will be a recommended Flash for using it?(prefer a cheap but can do the job nicely ones if have)
-What other lense that campactible with this cam?
-Can fit with the diffent filter like polariser?

Sorry,still noob in this area:sweat:

Thanks alot :)

zoomdaddy

May 24, 2007
The s9600 is a very capable camera has some nice features. The lens is fixed so you don't change them. It has a 28-300 mm lens that does a pretty good job. Here are my findings
s9100/9600 do have a few added features (external flash, 9mp to name a couple) will you need these ?
I have shot with both s6000fd/6500 and the 9100 I took the 9100 back for the 6000fd. I too like to shot macro and I felt that the 6000 (6.3 mp) has a sharper image. And with the much better high iso performance I felt it would meet my needs better. Yes you can use filters 58mm.
I think they are trying to cram to many pixels on basically the same size sensor and that is why the s6000fd has a sharper image (imho)..
Hope this helps..

See YA

3rdEvo

Oct 2, 2005
Hmm,pretty tough choice to make after read the pros and cons of both cams.Both are very good camera.Saw this lenses from Raynox, http://raynox.co.jp/english/digital/s9000/index.htm and seems this going to be a good buy for these cameras and could better use for learning the techniques of photograpghy before going on to Dslr.

-One thing i notice is that it has an aperture of f2-8 - f4.9.If i were to take a landscape view,like compositing a near and far objects together,will it be sufficient cos ive read i need a smaller apertur like f8 etc to have a sharp focus.Hows true is that or i wrong here.Im still unsure regarding the aperture thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.