S602z

Status
Not open for further replies.

stl

Apr 7, 2002
Visit site
any known problems with the S602Z? eg for G3 the lens barrel will block the flash etc...

Originally posted by stl
any known problems with the S602Z? eg for G3 the lens barrel will block the flash etc...

U are right about the G3. As for S602Z, there are some known issues but nothing that is insurmountable, or nothing a little PS cannot fix. ;)

Originally posted by Wolfgang

U are right about the G3. As for S602Z, there are some known issues but nothing that is insurmountable, or nothing a little PS cannot fix. ;)

Agreed.

In any case, I think the biggest problem with the 602z is that giving it a 3 MP CCD doesn't do justice for such a good camera.
Think Fuji should have made it a 4 MP -> 8 MP camera. Then, it would be almost perfect. :D

Originally posted by Wolfgang

so what are those issues which S602Z has?

and the stupid low batt warning ONLY comes on just before it goes flat...

Originally posted by darthsyn

Dat point I agree... Dats why I always bring along spare batteries.

Dunno what you all think, but I find that the battery for S602Z last pretty long. But this is only my 1st digicam, do dun take my word for it.

Originally posted by darthsyn

That may be true but then again, it's not that big an issue really. Bring along spare batts.

In terms of batt consumption, this camera fares pretty well. Along side my older Olympus C700UZ, which also fared well in terms of batt consumption, the S602Z definately can hold it's own.

:)

it's more a fault of NiMH batteries than the camera. The warning sign would stay on longer when alkalines are used.

hi stl,

alternatively, you could visit the fuji forum at
http://www.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1012

Over there u can find many more users discussing the many pros & cons like colours, barrel distortion, etc for 602z which u want to know. I've learnt alot more on this camera over there. You could also do a search on various issues. Cheers!:)

Originally posted by stl

so what are those issues which S602Z has?

Issues? Well, the 602Z has its own fair share of my negative vote.

Low light focusing is always an issue. No AF asisst (how much does putting one cost anyway? Even an Ixus has one). Noticeable barrel distortion at full wideangle.;(

But does it prevent me from taking sharp, accurate photos 90% of the time? NO. :D

See, any camera that you eventually buy, will have its fair share of issues, which you will realise soon after you use for some time. that is learning and growing into the camera. and the 602Z does cater to both point and shoot types to the immediate and advanced photographer.

Low light focusing, i use an external flash, images come out well exposed, sharp and accurate. so no problem there.

No AF assist: honestly, at distances beyond 3 metres, that is no longer an issue. having problems focusing? use the external flash, and the image will be sharp and evenly exposed (of course, flash photography is itself a big lesson)

Wideangle distortion: a little Photoshop pinching will correct the whole thing.

So in short, all cameras will give you nastiness, it is just how much you want to learn to work around it.

Having said all that, the camera's virtures FAR exceed my stated deficiencies:
Very good colours, and excellent sharpness
Super fast AF even at full telephoto beats every non-DSLR camera for now)
Almost negligible shutter release (again, beats most DCs out there)
5 frames per second (beats some DSLRs)
Ergonomic grip (love it or hate it, it does give the user stability in composition and shooting)
Excellent battery life (a user posted 250 shots per charge, who needs proprietary batteries now?)
Microdrive/CF/SM compatibility

So as a bundle, the 602Z is a serious camera, and perhaps one of Fuji's best cameras to date. Is it the perfect camera? No,
But does it satisfy my needs? Yes.

:p

Originally posted by fruitybix

Low light focusing is always an issue. No AF asisst (how much does putting one cost anyway? Even an Ixus has one). Noticeable barrel distortion at full wideangle.;(

But does it prevent me from taking sharp, accurate photos 90% of the time? NO. :D

See, any camera that you eventually buy, will have its fair share of issues, which you will realise soon after you use for some time. that is learning and growing into the camera. and the 602Z does cater to both point and shoot types to the immediate and advanced photographer.

Low light focusing, i use an external flash, images come out well exposed, sharp and accurate. so no problem there.

No AF assist: honestly, at distances beyond 3 metres, that is no longer an issue. having problems focusing? use the external flash, and the image will be sharp and evenly exposed (of course, flash photography is itself a big lesson)

So in short, all cameras will give you nastiness, it is just how much you want to learn to work around it.

Ergonomic grip (love it or hate it, it does give the user stability in composition and shooting)
Excellent battery life (a user posted 250 shots per charge, who needs proprietary batteries now?)

So as a bundle, the 602Z is a serious camera, and perhaps one of Fuji's best cameras to date. Is it the perfect camera? No,

Wow... I have the same camera :bsmilie:

Originally posted by fruitybix

what do u mean by 5 fps?? in shooting what?

Originally posted by cillin

5 fps - 5 frames per second, Continuous 5 shoots

oh ok.. 5 shoots in 1 second...

Status
Not open for further replies.