S3 - price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jopel

Dec 21, 2004
to late to call cathay.

anyone know the price for a new S3 with the firmware update

mscolor - $2550. CP - $2750

Does this include the buffer upgrade one that was mentioned? I'm planning to get the S3 hopefully by mid year.

snowspeeder said:
Does this include the buffer upgrade one that was mentioned? I'm planning to get the S3 hopefully by mid year.

jus enquired with my anxious friend abt the S3.

the upgraded S3Pro will not be available tat soon. the price stated here are the ones without the buffer upgrade.

u can buy the non-upgraded version and get it upgraded at FujiFilm. as for the cost, i've no idea. :)

last check cathay mentioned the upgrade can be done at fuji for 650.

surge said:
last check cathay mentioned the upgrade can be done at fuji for 650.

Wow! That's ex$ for upgrade. Hopefully the brand new sets that come with the upgrade later won't go beyond 3K.

actually depending on what u need the s3 for u may not need the buffer upgrade after all...

cheerios

Cheesecake said:
wa... still so ex?!
i mux do my best to change my friend's opinion of the over-priced S3Pro:bsmilie:

Very Wise! Good luck shopping around.

D200 handles so much better than the plastic s3 in my opinion. Every bits in D200 felt perfect while s3 so outdated using f80 design for amature (not for pro) back in 1998 :)bigeyes: eight years old body). I felt DR in D200 is also better than s3, problem is when you have taken a properly exposed shot, there is no need for DR (you can't even find a level solely dedicated to this so important DR)

DR is only important when the fuji user runs out of good things to say about their over paid cam :bsmilie: cause the rest of the goodies belong to Nikon, which they refuse to accept. I've seen a s3 user claims that the DR is too much for 70-200mm VR to handle, I walk straight to a corner and :sweatsm:

They should have s4 out by now, wonder why still got to wait, not even in PIE in japan?

stout said:

D200 handles so much better than the plastic s3 in my opinion. Every bits in D200 felt perfect while s3 so outdated using f80 design for amature (not for pro) back in 1998 :)bigeyes: eight years old body). I felt DR in D200 is also better than s3, problem is when you have taken a properly exposed shot, there is no need for DR (you can't even find a level solely dedicated to this so important DR)

DR is only important when the fuji user runs out of good things to say about their over paid cam :bsmilie: cause the rest of the goodies belong to Nikon, which they refuse to accept. I've seen a s3 user claims that the DR is too much for 70-200mm VR to handle, I walk straight to a corner and :sweatsm:

They should have s4 out by now, wonder why still got to wait, not even in PIE in japan?

:nono: :nono:
u never learn dont u?

maybe i need to start posting some images up real soon...its not juz dr but also image quality and detail in the images...

latest price I get for S3 is $2350 b4 gst and b4 buffer upgrade

D200 is $2680 b4 gst and yes the banding problem is not solved as some had claimed

can't part with my $ and live with the banding problem - it is not a problem if only print in 5R

I guess I'll hang on to my S2 for a while more

jopel said:
latest price I get for S3 is $2350 b4 gst and b4 buffer upgrade

D200 is $2680 b4 gst and yes the banding problem is not solved as some had claimed

can't part with my $ and live with the banding problem - it is not a problem if only print in 5R

I guess I'll hang on to my S2 for a while more

can to share where sells s3 at 2350 IN STOCK?

stout said:

more DR is like film negative and slides, expose for shadow and still be able to get details in highlight due to wider DR. for sildes if you expose for shadow you wil get a bleach out highlight. it has nothing to do w getting the right exposure.

kinda hard to say what is the 'right exposure' for each scene. just that a negative gives a wider option of exposure cos the wider latitude allows more details to be captured and process later. same if a CCD can produce greater latititude will allow greater flexibility in post precessing is you need the extra details.

it is also true that some lens are more contrasty. i have read reviews comparing 80-200 leica and 80-200 AFS and the difference in them is the shadow details, leica has more details. thing is if you never have them both to compare, you will never know the difference

if you grow up on an island w just one girl, you will never know id she is pretty or ugly. same analogy.

surge said:
can to share where sells s3 at 2350 IN STOCK?

o ya sure got stock. this price is from a friend working in Fuji, singapore.

jopel said:
o ya sure got stock. this price is from a friend working in Fuji, singapore.

good price, that I guess is the rock bottom price:) so the mscolor price is pretty close to the bottom already :)

since you know guys in fuji, can you inquire about the state of the service center? esp support for s3pro. They don't even have pixel mapping for s3pro. All other brands can do pixel mapping even for some consumer cams

Regarding pixel mapping, while I am not going to defend Fuji on this, I would want to point out that having the big and small sensor combined to form one pixel, then algorithm applied to scale up to 12MP and then back down to 6MP (whatever, whatever) will certainly make it a little more difficult to map as per standard sensor layout.

I have noticed on my previous S2pro sensor that I do have s stuck pixel, but most of the time, due to the up and down resize (I shoot Jpegs in 6MP), the effect of the stuck pixel is only seen once in a long while under extreme conditions.

I don't have a spare copy for you. Fuji has originals for sale, but please feel free to call me anytime for further discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.