S1/S2/S3/S5/SX1/SX10 pictures thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
More shots of insects with my S5is:-

moth.jpg

brownbug.jpg

hairyinsect.jpg

Nice takes! Have never seen #3 before! Great find and Nicely captured!
Wonder how did you get so close to them without driving them away. ;-)

Insects taken in Fraser's Hill. Anyone can identify them? Know nuts about insects - although my son has a knack for spotting them. The insects somehow seem not to be perturbed with the photo taking and just stood still. :)

sx10 user do u all tripod when taking nite shot?which tripod do u recommend?

Pix of clouds at sunset taken with S5is. No pp done.

IMG_3996.jpg

Looks like nobody has been posting pics here for some time. Here are my takes on Labrador Park. =p

IMG_7523.jpg

IMG_7540.jpg

IMG_7546.jpg

IMG_7556.jpg

IMG_7554.jpg

Went to Australia recently. Took these with the Canon SX10 IS. No Photoshop used.

Sydney Opera House
SydneyOperaHouse01.jpg

Fat Lazy Cat at T'Galiant Winery, Mornington Peninsula, Victoria
FatLazyCatMornington03.jpg

FatLazyCatMornington01.jpg

Sadly no more pictures from me from my S5is. Camera as well as my Raynox DCR-250 macro lens was stolen during my recent trip to China. Very sad. :cry:

Anyone interested in a 3rd party aluminium lens adapter (58mm) can PM me. Also have a Canon 1.4x teleconverter (52mm) with Hoya 58-52mm step down ring that I used with my S5is (the thief did not manage to steal these). No use for them now.

Hope fellow users of S5is or even S3 can benefit from my misfortune. Continue to treasure your camera and enjoy shooting.

aiyo, brought my S5is to China a few months ago luckily did not have the same fate. guess it will not be with me again on my next trip there ... a compact will go with me to such places prone to theft :(.

Hi everyone,

I m new to this forum and also just started our learning photography, so been reading the discussion in this thread.

I am currently having a SX110IS for a few mth and was quite happy with the shots (though not as fantastic as u guys). I was quite tempted to switch to SX10IS, as it has better zoom power and control.

Any recommendation or advice if i should change to SX10IS or something else? Any idea what is the cheapest price at this moment?

Hi everyone,

I m new to this forum and also just started our learning photography, so been reading the discussion in this thread.

I am currently having a SX110IS for a few mth and was quite happy with the shots (though not as fantastic as u guys). I was quite tempted to switch to SX10IS, as it has better zoom power and control.

Any recommendation or advice if i should change to SX10IS or something else? Any idea what is the cheapest price at this moment?

I have the SX10, my first prosumer camera (previously IXUS 60)... great camera, exactly what i was looking for, an all in one PnS which still gives me control with manual settings, however if i were in ur shoes my next upgrade would be a DSLR... in terms of zoom, yah the SX10 gives you 10x more, but the other specs are more or less the same, so rather than fork out another 700 bucks, i suggest u consider DSLR. ;)

oh btw I got my SX10 from Harvey Norman for $699 in May '09 (cash payment, need to bargain) other places about the same price, $690+ the freebies was vary. all the best!

thinge.jpg

SX1 IS

Thank Tunge for ur advice. Will give it a serious thought. ;)

i came across somewhere in this thread, talking about SX2 and SX20, is Canon going to launch this two new model?

PC show coming, anyone heading there this weekend? :bigeyes:

time to post some picturee taken with my SX10... simple edit with Picassa

adjusted the tint to make the sky nicer and shadows to make the waters darker
IMG_1041-1.JPG

adjusted alittle contrast only
IMG_1038.JPG

adjusted contrast and shadow
IMG_1025-3.JPG

Last edited:
birdzoom.jpg

canon SX1 IS

Any Bro interested in having the Canon S5is box and manuals (CD shud be avail) for free? Self collect at my place in Choa Chu Kang. Camera stolen so no value to keep. Was thinking of just throwing away but think that someone might benefit from it. If no one interested, then will throw away. PM me if you are interested.

Hi Sx...Sxx User,

It have been a long time since my last post here....Anyway this my most recent shot with

SX10IS during my short get away at Redang Island

3665609230_9b5b1d8c29_o.jpg

tks for viewing

hi all, do u guys do photoshop for ur pics?
why do i see very rich and detail color in some pics?
and very precise close up with very blurred background?
thanks..

thanks..

Hi cool-gal, I believe most of us do :)

thanks..

i put my hands up.. i most definitely post processed some of the pics i have.. but i'm not good with photoshop so using a beginner program only, Picassa

Status
Not open for further replies.