Rusty macro shots...

NovJoe

Feb 15, 2009
~Sunny Little Island~
Finally, found some time today to go out for a short macro session with Benjamin (Peterpan) as it has been quite a while since I last joined an outing with the kakis at Mandai.

Hopefully, these sub-par rusty shots still can make it :sweatsm:.

Canon 7D | EF 100mm f/2.8 macro non-L | Raynox 250DCR | Speedlite 580 EX-II | Onboard Flash
ISO 250 ~ 400 | 1/50 | f/20 ~ 22 | Daylight W/B | Handheld | MF + M mode

1)
5296666332_64bd015449_b.jpg

2)
5296072529_9832c02e83_b.jpg

3)
5296667804_d35b4d1ae2_b.jpg

4)
5296668478_cd0607ebd4_b.jpg

Yes is very rusty, only #6 is watchable:bsmilie:

I like #2, but a tigher crop to get rid of the leaf on the right would be better :)

#4 quite unique leh.. what is it?

I like #2, but a tigher crop to get rid of the leaf on the right would be better :)

#4 quite unique leh.. what is it?

Thanks bro! I had the same thoughts when I was looking at #2 but too lazy to redo liao :p.

I also dunno what #4 is but saw a few of them around the same bush area. Looks like a kind of moth to me :).

Agreed with the rest, still good. Long time no see, Joe.

#6 is really nice hehe

Great Capture Bro Novjoe :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks alot Ben!

All shots still nicely done..good catch for the JS..

Thanks for the encouragement, Jacobs!

Agreed with the rest, still good. Long time no see, Joe.

Thanks alot Victor! Yep, it's been a while since I last posted here or went outing with you guys. Quite busy with a number of stuffs recently...

#6 is really nice hehe

Thanks alot jeezuinn!

I think all are great picture. Its not easy to reach 1:1
I like all your picture. Do you use flash for macro?

I think all are great picture. Its not easy to reach 1:1
I like all your picture. Do you use flash for macro?

Thanks alot Actururss! Yes, flashes were used for these shots, both onboard flash and speedlite 580 EX-II with DIY diffusers. :)

Hi Joe,
Nice to see you online. With your standard, you will get rid of the rust and back to your usual good shots in no time.

Hi Joe,
Nice to see you online. With your standard, you will get rid of the rust and back to your usual good shots in no time.

Thanks alot David! I need to buy some Mr Brasso to get rid of the die-hard rust first :embrass:...

lovely collection, Joe... ;)

Nice captures. :)

#4 interesting bug!