running a 1Dmk2 at 8fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowwow

demonzred.gif

Nice one! :thumbsup:

Actually the 1D2 was used before for an entire movie...shot frame by frame - do you know which movie was that? Hint: stop-motion. ;)

really? i thot the idea was explored from the mk3 onwards... cool....

got a couple more of these short animation from the tournament if you guys are interested in seeing here.

Nice, might be better shot from the front. Can see more action.
I tried bursting 7D at 8fps too, it too looks like animation. :)

Nice, might be better shot from the front. Can see more action.
I tried bursting 7D at 8fps too, it too looks like animation. :)

any camera man in the playing field during a live game is not allowed as it might affect/influence the game as well as for safety reasons. besides, the way the field is set up sometimes it might not even be possible to.

Last edited:
any camera man in the playing field during a live game is not allowed as it might affect/influence the game as well as for safety reasons. besides, the way the field is set up sometimes it might not even be possible to.

thats why remote cams exist, if you're willing to risk one in the middle of a paintball fight that is.. :)

thats why remote cams exist, if you're willing to risk one in the middle of a paintball fight that is.. :)

to have a foreign object in the middle of the tournament field is a safety issue. speedball is a very fast and dynamic game. as it is, every effort is made to minimise injury. for a player or marshal to trip over a camera is hazardous to them and those around them. life and limb is more a concern than a camera.

let's look at it another way. do u see a camera in the middle of a field of an EPL game?

nice..
what league is this?
the bunkers dont look like the ones they use for speedball here..

i photographed the SPNS here a few weeks ago, but they allowed me, and one other photographer on the field...

nice..
what league is this?
the bunkers dont look like the ones they use for speedball here..

i photographed the SPNS here a few weeks ago, but they allowed me, and one other photographer on the field...

Bunkers are more or less pretty standard except for a few depending on which format u are following. And of course the colour.

I Cover mainly the major leagues in malaysia but not spns (old history between them and i)

Ermm...clockstoppers?? :dunno:
Nope, it was used in Tim Burton's stop-motion animation feature movie, Corpse Bride.

See info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpse_Bride#Filming_techniques

As confirmed by American Cinematographer (October 2005), the camera chosen for the production of Corpse Bride was Canon EOS-1D Mark II, a digital single-lens reflex camera, which also makes it the first stop-motion feature to be shot in digital. Additional work was required to develop systems to permit precise camera positioning, the mounting of Nikon optical lenses, and previewing a scene in camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.