Rumours of a Pentax Pro DSLR in May

Status
Not open for further replies.
come to think of it ... if it's 1.3, our FA limiteds will be approx. 40mm f1.8, 55mm f1.9 (ok.. i know it's almost 56mm), and 100mm f1.8. Sounds like quite a good range to have.

But of course, it'll be the same sensor ... so no change.

For 1.3x crop i'd feel alot "safer" to buy either the 77ltd or 85 1.4 for portrait lens ;p

K20d sensor is quite good, so can't complain even if they don't change it. Could've been worse ;p

(Dreaming) If Pentax could match Fujifilm colors.. No contest! :bsmilie:

dammit. Faster AF is a killer feature.

I should probably wait for a new sensor too..

come to think of it ... if it's 1.3, our FA limiteds will be approx. 40mm f1.8, 55mm f1.9 (ok.. i know it's almost 56mm), and 100mm f1.8. Sounds like quite a good range to have.

But of course, it'll be the same sensor ... so no change.

Not quite... you'll also get slightly narrower DOF with a smaller crop factor. :thumbsup:

wait, if the sensor is the same, how to make it 1.3x crop??

doesn't the sensor have to be bigger?

I think the rumor only got two specs right ;)

I am a little blur here... but why are so sure Fengwei? Do you have insider info? :bsmilie:

BTW, I think 1.3x crop is a disaster when it comes to ultrawide shooting. APS-C lenses will vignette and FF lenses are not wide enough. Doh...

give me a better AF, please!

4-23-09pentaxtease.jpg

Breakdown:

名機の: Of a high-performance machine (rocket, airplane, etc); of a famous/great machine

誇り: Pride

を: Indicates direct object of action

受け継げる: To inherit; succeed

者: Person; -er; -ee (受け継げる者 = successor)

So there you go. Try not to criticize other people's translations when you're farther off yourself.

argh. Must, not, buy, another, Pentax, 1.5 crop, body!

edit: well, at least for one more year :p

argh. Must, not, buy, another, Pentax, 1.5 crop, body!

edit: well, at least for one more year :p

There is no smoke without fire ....... the 1.3X crop sensor might just appear before your eyes next month ............. :devil:

OK guys, someone from xitek drew this up ... here's a preview of what it may look like??

250295_1240489950.jpg

It doesn't look that ugly after all?

Last edited:
usually rumours start with an element of truth. But, it always get distorted along the way and become false.

Ok now got AF assist light like on C and N bodies, which normally blinds most people. But it should improve the AF. ;p

Actually Pentax was the first ever camera maker who implemented AF assistant light on a camera body - the SFX/SF1 (in 1987):

SFX.jpg

It's way earlier than C/N cameras w/ assistant light. Don't know why Pentax took it off from camera bodies but put it into flashes (built-in or external ones) :confused:

Just a thought. If it's Pentax itself which is leaking all these pixs and specs, it's killing its own DSLR sales for the next 4 weeks, isn't it? Sounds counter-productive.

But it's sure priceless in terms of free publicity!

Just a thought. If it's Pentax itself which is leaking all these pixs and specs, it's killing its own DSLR sales for the next 4 weeks, isn't it? Sounds counter-productive.

Just rumors. And there is a big price difference between the yet-to-be-released K7 and K20D. You'd see further price drop for the K20D in the next month ;)

They have probably sold the last of the K20Ds in production ....... starting a new product cycle with the K7D. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.