[ Rumor and kopitiam ] Olympus E-5 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not talking about IQ here I hope it could beat the new Sony SLT A55 in terms of features and AF speed.

what do you think guys?

Last edited:
At this point of time, the specifications of the new flagship would have already been finalised.

This is purely academic and for discussion sake, what would you like to see in the new flagship?

To me, I want a good picture-taking camera, not gadget.

I'm a E-3 user since November 2007 and shoot with various HG and SHG lenses. For me, I would like to see in this new flagship:

1. A leap in image quality, in term of colour reproduction, noise control, ISO range and dynamic range.

2. Improvement of AF performance, especially C-AF.

What about you (or the rest of you in this forum)?

Something that meets or exceeds the Nikon D300s, or even the D300 or the D90.

Anything else is optional.

AF speed is subjective.

Moreover, have you try the A55 yet?

nope only A33... i like the sweep panorama and Video and 7fps burst mode and the auto HDR, higher ISO... again not talking about IQ :p lols and the EVF... still like the OVF but with all the info you can see in OVF its good...

One thing that been reading a lot is it overheat very fast lols...

To me I just like the Sony A33/A55 features to have in the new E5, and if it can beat Nikon D300? yeah! a big win for Oly :thumbsup:

Last edited:
nope only A33... i like the sweep panorama and Video and 7fps burst mode and the auto HDR, higher ISO... again not talking about IQ :p lols and the EVF... still like the OVF but with all the info you can see in OVF its good...

One thing that been reading a lot is it overheat very fast lols...

To me I just like the Sony A33/A55 features to have in the new E5, and if it can beat Nikon D700s yeah! a big win for Oly :thumbsup:
Sometime, I'm wondering... are you a photographer or just a hardware geek? :dunno:

why D3000? EPL1 could beat D3000 IQ anytime lols specially jpeg direct out of the cam photos please remove it from the list lols it's pretty low for Oly E5 to only beat D3000 even D90 ;-)

Sometime, I'm wondering... are you a photographer or just a hardware geek? :dunno:

hahaha well never been into photography until i stumble with oly, I still dont considered myself a photographer still very new in this new hobby... but you're right I always been a hardware geek sorry bro it's my nature of work and educational background so sorry bro I am trying so hard to remove it from my system.

I know the saying "Jack of all traits, master of none"

hahaha well never been into photography until i stumble with oly, I still dont considered myself a photographer still very new in this new hobby... but you're right I always been a hardware geek sorry bro it's my nature of work and educational background so sorry bro I am trying so hard to remove it from my system.

My comment is never intended to criticise you or put you down in any way. I'm just trying to set your expectation right... :)

More like the Nikon D400 and Canon 8d. As a flagship, the E5 has to be a true alternative for pros who want to use a crop sensor.

My comment is never intended to criticise you or put you down in any way. I'm just trying to set your expectation right... :)

no bro dont worry i'm not that soft type person lols... I guess it's my nature to expect a lot from my stuffs lols anyways most of the things modern DSLR features are already in the Oly m4/3 so just wise to have those added to the Oly flagship model right? thats why they call it flagship it should have all the good traits of its lower sibling plus more :bsmilie: not only in terms of IQ, built etc but also features... this is true to other brands also looking at thier flagship models :)

I am just hoping Oly would do the same.... :lovegrin:

More like the Nikon D400 and Canon 8d. As a flagship, the E5 has to be a true alternative for pros who want to use a crop sensor.

100,000,000,000% agree with you bro...

Nothing wrong with being both a hardware geek and a photographer. As long as you know that being one does not automatically make you the other.

why D3000? EPL1 could beat D3000 IQ anytime lols specially jpeg direct out of the cam photos please remove it from the list lols it's pretty low for Oly E5 to only beat D3000 even D90 ;-)

Where did I say anything about the D3000? I didn't.

How many professionals use JPEG files out of the camera or any JPEG files at all? Fewer than 1 %? If they're using equipment other than Olympus, they're using raw files.

Can the E-3 specifications beat the D90? I don't believe so, even though the D90 is just a hobbyist body. The E-3 was so far below the D300 that it was laughable, and that was only a semi-pro body.

So, what I'm saying is that the E-5 should be able to beat a 2007 model, but those specifications I've seen say that it won't.

Nothing wrong with being both a hardware geek and a photographer. As long as you know that being one does not automatically make you the other.

tks bro, sometimes i do ask too much to my gadgets lols :) well like they say cant have them all :)

anyways it's just my wishlist lols. i am still enjoying my E620 and my trusty 14-54 hahaha I know it's not that fastest cam/lens around and sometimes hated it when I missed a shot due to slow AF lols but learning how to go around it...

Where did I say anything about the D3000? I didn't.

How many professionals use JPEG files out of the camera or any JPEG files at all? Fewer than 1 %? If they're using equipment other than Olympus, they're using raw files.

Can the E-3 specifications beat the D90? I don't believe so, even though the D90 is just a hobbyist body. The E-3 was so far below the D300 that it was laughable, and that was only a semi-pro body.

So, what I'm saying is that the E-5 should be able to beat a 2007 model, but those specifications I've seen say that it won't.

sorry bro my bad hahaha checked again it was D300 lols (i think I need to wear an eye glasses). Like we said Oly flagship should atleast be in par with other brand flagship pro DSLR... :)

Last edited:
To quote a friend - "don't play play the E-PL1" :bsmilie:, especially when fed with high quality lenses. Of course, it's natural for folks to make the mistake since it is supposed to be the lowest model.

And looks like the E-5 may have the same PEN sensor, if this note below is true. If Oly removes the AAF totally on the E-5, I'll buy one :think:

http://www.43rumors.com/ft3-e-5-with-new-panasonic-12-megapixel-sensor-and-available-in-october/

Olympus should reveal the future beyond E-5.

Last edited:
Finally, really a PEN spec in E-3 body. No revolution, no evolution, no innovation, no thing at all ... totally disappointed.

If what 43Rumors has the correct information, I am quite disappointed with Olympus. They had so much more interesting technology that they are no longer interested in releasing. Sigh...

A little disappointed. Hopes the 4/3 lense can still be used with the rumored modular system, else Olympus can be condemned forever by playing out people who take the risks of buying the lense :)

If what 43Rumors has the correct information, I am quite disappointed with Olympus. They had so much more interesting technology that they are no longer interested in releasing. Sigh...

Sifu also disappointed, looks like I will need to fire sale my 12-60 :bheart:

Status
Not open for further replies.