Status
Not open for further replies.

DaNi3L

Oct 4, 2004
NTU Hall 4
www.katoots.com
Hello everyone, my first posted photo here. Wonder if it's to your taste. :D

IMG_2970copy2.jpg

Thanks for looking! Btw, how do I post to CS gallery?

DaNi3L said:
Hello everyone, my first posted photo here. Wonder if it's to your taste. :D

IMG_2970copy2.jpg

Thanks for looking! Btw, how do I post to CS gallery?

heh....i like it.... wonder why the walls have no nails yet?
:think:

I had seen something like this before... one of the void decks...
makes you laugh when you see it (the actual thingy) :D

k220 said:
I had seen something like this before... one of the void decks...
makes you laugh when you see it (the actual thingy) :D
Yeah when I saw it, I very much couldn't help it. :bsmilie:
It was taken under a block in Jurong West btw.

hey daniel, great idea for a shot, and well chosen to do in black n white :D

something i tht i might have done if i were you, to compose the shot such that focus is only one ONE area/object, right now when I see the photo, my eye darts between the sign and the football/dirt marks on the wall. not sure which is the more important area u want to tell us.

maybe if you position from another angle the message would be much stronger or maybe blur a bit/out of focus one of the areas. in this case maybe the sign since its quite obvious we all know its a no football sign, but if u were to blur the marks may not be so obvious that they are dirt marks.

heh, am i wrong to say this? what do e rest think? :D

something i tht i might have done if i were you, to compose the shot such that focus is only one ONE area/object, right now when I see the photo, my eye darts between the sign and the football/dirt marks on the wall. not sure which is the more important area u want to tell us.
Thanks for your advice Gosu_John. :D

The aim of this picture is to have the audience first captured by the sign, then go on to explore what has the sign got to do with the rest of the pic. And that's where the thinking starts. The title is mean to add a little more flavour to the thinking process. :bsmilie:

I'm thinking (and hoping) majority of the audience will be first lead to the sign, and subsequently to the rest of the wall. Did it work for you guys?

rayfoo said:
hehehehe :thumbsup:

Think you can also title it as "Defiance"
:D
That's a brilliant suggestion man! Haha.. wasted I didn't think of that. Should I change the title? :think:

although photographic rules dont always have to be applied, i feel that for this shot, the rule of thirds would enhance the appeal.

DaNi3L said:
That's a brilliant suggestion man! Haha.. wasted I didn't think of that. Should I change the title? :think:

Hehehe...it's your shot, so your call man :cool:

OT: You stay in Hall 4?? I stay in Hall 3..

Status
Not open for further replies.