Rubbish @ Boon Lay Interchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is exactly why I asked why you will need 10 people to throw rubbish? It has nothing to do with your needs, it is about your perception of 10 people doing something, I asked why 10since you stated that number.

Visit the vicinity of Boon Lay Interchange, tell me if the trash bins are full. If they are not, there are sufficient trash bins. If the trash bins are full, your logic of insufficient trash bins might apply. I see a photo of a trash bin in one of the photos, it does not look like it is over flowing.

when a group packs up & leave (presumeably) to dispose the rubbish into bins its highly unlikely they single out (or in milder terms, volunteer) 1 to do just that, would be odd among friends. they walking into the interchange as you have suggested & chatting along the way before the day has ended would be most likely. why 10 you ask? that is figuratively speaking, as there are likely a larger number in the field, 10 is an estimate.

friends who work together, relax together & likely live together, yet single out (volunteer) 1 to clear the trash (in this case) is a very odd group of friends. very odd indeed...

with the litter scattered across the field & not in the bins yet, you just assumed there are enough bins? logic as you see it?

So do you agree with what I have mentioned here or do you think I am being racist for stating the truth?

you're talking on a factual basis, so no. You aren't being racist, thats for sure.

I was refering to some others (don't think i need or should point fingers)

this is really bad. i am always amazed at how singaporeans will be so quick to point fingers at others. i shoot a lot events and i can tell you that in all my life i have never seen a bigger mess then a mess left behind by singaporeans IN THEIR OWN HOMELAND; not ft's, but locals so please do not point fingers. and has anyone even considered that yes ft's might leave a mess because they see all of you leaving a mess on your table which old people have to clean up after you... naturally in their mind some old person will clean up after their mess too because in singapore, locals can leave a mess anywhere and it magically disappears. so why should they think any different? like i said i have seen singaporeans at the beach in their gatherings leave behind rubbish all over the place.

:dunno:

this is really bad. i am always amazed at how singaporeans will be so quick to point fingers at others. i shoot a lot events and i can tell you that in all my life i have never seen a bigger mess then a mess left behind by singaporeans IN THEIR OWN HOMELAND; not ft's, but locals so please do not point fingers. and has anyone even considered that yes ft's might leave a mess because they see all of you leaving a mess on your table which old people have to clean up after you... naturally in their mind some old person will clean up after their mess too because in singapore, locals can leave a mess anywhere and it magically disappears. so why should they think any different? like i said i have seen singaporeans at the beach in their gatherings leave behind rubbish all over the place.

:dunno:

Post those photos in a seperate thread, we can discuss about that too.

In this instance, we should not be afraid to state the facts for fear that we are deemed to be prejudiced or discriminate against other nationalities or race.

discuss?

some are just on a witch-hunt.

Firstly, allow me to THANK you for highlighting this issue. Everytime I go reach my home mrt stop, which is boon lay, ESPECIALLY on a sunday night....the above scene is what i always see.:thumbsd: I can even see the rubbish from my room window...

I was tempted to take a long exposure shot with the rubbish and post it here myself but TS beaten my to it ... haha!

I think its downright irresponsible for the "owners" of the rubbish to leave it there just like dat...helloooo.....this is Singapore....Clean and Green leh. Pls don't bring your hometown habits and culture to boon lay pls...

Actually if you think about it, after they strewn their rubbish there after a night of merrymaking, their friends from their hometown will have to clean it up the next morning...tch tch...

What do u mean by "bring your hometown habits" ???

Now you are really a racist bro. Dont be like that.

Have you ever seen Orchard Road on Xmas day eve or new year eve ?? It is much worse than this lah. But everybody forgets it bcos the authorities cleans it up much faster than anybody complains. But this is boonlay where you all people stays and not much ang-mos are visiting ur place, so the govt does care much lesser than orchard road.

So instead of complaining here about fts, please take a picture and send it to NEA, if you dare. and lets see how fast they can clean this mess up. If they cannot do anything then dont blame the fts ok.

Last month somebody (a singaporean guy) used to urinate in our hdb lifts. One day i took a nice picture of the flooded lift and send it to NEA, now they have fitted our lifts with UDDs (Urine Detection Device, i dont know whether it works), and now that guy is quite in the block.

So you can change the world, if you change your actions first. Dont wait for others to lead you, you can lead them instead.

What do u mean by "bring your hometown habits" ???

Now you are really a racist bro. Dont be like that.

Have you ever seen Orchard Road on Xmas day eve or new year eve ?? It is much worse than this lah. But everybody forgets it bcos the authorities cleans it up much faster than anybody complains. But this is boonlay where you all people stays and not much ang-mos are visiting ur place, so the govt does care much lesser than orchard road.

So instead of complaining here about fts, please take a picture and send it to NEA, if you dare. and lets see how fast they can clean this mess up. If they cannot do anything then dont blame the fts ok.

Last month somebody (a singaporean guy) used to urinate in our hdb lifts. One day i took a nice picture of the flooded lift and send it to NEA, now they have fitted our lifts with UDDs (Urine Detection Device, i dont know whether it works), and now that guy is quite in the block.

So you can change the world, if you change your actions first. Dont wait for others to lead you, you can lead them instead.

I believe that you have not read any of my subsequent post too bro. I've said wat i wanted to said and i shall not repeat myself for this post.

I believe that you have not read any of my subsequent post too bro. I've said wat i wanted to said and i shall not repeat myself for this post.

No worries bro. I was not pointing at you also.

Just general talk. TCSS only.;)

No worries bro. I was not pointing at you also.

Just general talk. TCSS only.;)

Your comments doesn't seem like TCSS, but i'm fine with it. Just hope that relevant authorities will do something soon. Don't need me to bring up to NEA cause there have been people who have done that, either waiting for a response or there will not be any action taken:dunno:

when I was studying in Australia, I encounter Aussies that said things like

"you chink should go back to China"
"You chinks bring your dirty food to our great country"
"You Asian scum dirty our land"
"you Asians are like a vermin, spreading and taking our space"
"Stay at home you chinks"

Now back in Singapore, we Singaporeans use the same terms on FTs.... Hah it shows we have been learning from Racists Caucasians on how to properly treat people that are deemed as lower class. After all we Singaporeans are so superior as compared to these "Trash".

(Disclaimer: Please read between the lines....)

Everytime i hear abt white aussies being racist, i feel like reminding them that they r descendants of hard core prisoners so y the scorn at others? :bsmilie: When i was studying in a certain country, most racist comments were usually ppl from the countryside or smaller cities. They'll call us bloody orientals, bring ur dirty $$ and ass back to China. I guess these whites r just jealous of chinese owning big houses,cars and restaurants. They r also living in their glorious past maybe.

In Singapore, we don't yell at them to bring their wealth back home. Instead some of us assume that these FTs r dirty, crime prone people. Back then when i was away from home, many other nationalities dislike S'poreans cos they think we r mega kiasu,speak funny n we think we r damn smart. To be honest,i don't blame others for disliking the S'poreans cos some r really ignorant by thinking the PRCs r husband snatchers,gold diggers, unhygenic people. If they meet 100k bad PRCS, that's like a very small percentage of their population as compared to 100k bad S'poreans! Those who look down on the FTs should widen their horizons...some FTs r university graduates who have no choice but to work as construction workers in S'pore. Putting language barrier aside, in terms of knowledge n brains, they r not inferior! Sighz....

I don't deny that i'm not happy that the quaint neighbourhood will be flooded with extra people, but neither am i happy that there will be a separate road which will be built for the FTs. That is so insulting to them, don't u think? :(

As a Singaporean, we should never forget that our own ancestors came from China or India.

They also came as coolies and labourers.

We should give the foreign workers a chance to earn a decent living.

Cheers!

This purpose of this thread have gone quite OT. Rubbish issues becomes rascist issues.

This purpose of this thread have gone quite OT. Rubbish issues becomes rascist issues.

There are a lot of people who read this thread and completely miss the point, thinking that if we cite an example of foreign workers at their worst, it is discriminatory towards them. These people simply jump on the bandwagon and do not think about the issue here, just want to be seen to look good or sound good, they are not thinking and stating the facts as presented.

There are a lot of people who read this thread and completely miss the point, thinking that if we cite an example of foreign workers at their worst, it is discriminatory towards them. These people simply jump on the bandwagon and do not think about the issue here, just want to be seen to look good or sound good, they are not thinking and stating the facts as presented.

In CS - religion criticisms, racism, politics wars... :nono:

In Kopitiam - talk rot, hypocritical.... *raise hand*

I am good. :cheergal:

Last edited:
NEA has put up the Fine banners at the Boon Lay Interchange.

DSC02829.jpg

DSC02830.jpg

at least provide some bins where the banners are at mah. lol. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.