RS-7 Black Rapid Fastener Gave Way

you're confusing the 2.
Loctite is a thread-locker which is applied to the threaded portion of the screw.
Basically it is sort of a metal-metal adhesive, which resists the rotation of the screw.
But once some force is applied (eg. screwdriver), the common type of Loctite will break its hold and flake off like powder. It's use-once only. If you are re-tightening the fastener, need to re-apply the Loctite.

Small bottle of Loctite is not expensive, and can be shared between a couple of friends. Not advisable to use super glue :)

To add on, when buying Loctite, there are several types, some are very strong and very hard to remove once set. So ask the store for the non-permanent version. Ask for Loctite BLUE. Loctite RED is very strong and meant for permanent applications. If you find Loctite BLUE still a little too strong, you can go for Loctite Purple.

Last edited:
Hopefully the V3 connector does not come loose

Also gaffer the sides of your cam body on the side where the carabiner falls naturally. My carabiner scrapes my cam body and left many deep ugly scratches.

Also gaffer the sides of your cam body on the side where the carabiner falls naturally. The carabiner scrapes my cam body and left many deep ugly scratches.

I'm using the RS-7 too
Sometimes the connection between the rubber and camera might get loose, I always check it now and then when using, as well as holding on to the camera even when not in use.
the fail-safe method looks good, might considering diy-ing it =)

there's a thread on doing DIY for the blackrapids. look around.
pretty useful from some bros here.

I stopped using my strap altogether some time ago because it kept getting in the way :)), I was wondering whether to get the R strap instead but decided not to because I use the vertical grip a lot and that would get in the way. Kind of feeling relieved I did so now haha. My "strap" is my arm, constantly holding on to the camera :))

I stopped using my strap altogether some time ago because it kept getting in the way :)), I was wondering whether to get the R strap instead but decided not to because I use the vertical grip a lot and that would get in the way. Kind of feeling relieved I did so now haha. My "strap" is my arm, constantly holding on to the camera :))

I was having the same thoughts as you too.
but after getting the strap, when shooting with vertical grip, it actually feels alright for me :)

Hi there, can i also ask if its "healthy" to carry the camera in an upside down position? coz when using the Black Rapid strap, the camera is always in an upside down position.....

Hi there, can i also ask if its "healthy" to carry the camera in an upside down position? coz when using the Black Rapid strap, the camera is always in an upside down position.....

any position also can.