Rollerblading @ East Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Repty

Aug 10, 2009
Hi all, I am new here. Had been to east coast beach recently and here are some shots of the sliders there.
Also my first time trying out panning. All comments welcomed.
Personally, i feel that using a 55-200mm would have produced better results. (All shots were taken with 18-55mm)
Will update this thread with more photos when i go there again.
(Practice does help alot with my shots)

6176_119433201465_605866465_2801114_5632141_n.jpg

6176_119433281465_605866465_2801125_2801171_n.jpg

6176_119433291465_605866465_2801126_3251350_n.jpg

6176_119433341465_605866465_2801134_4591276_n.jpg

6176_119434951465_605866465_2801145_6470226_n.jpg

Last edited:
Good shots,

ephraim here.

This is not called rollerblading......rollerblade is a brand not a sport. This sport is call inline skating!!:sweat:

Oops, my bad. Thanks for pointing it out to me XD As a slider too, i can't believe i didn't know that.

And to those who are taking up the sports, please do not skate like those people in the photos without protective gears. No matter how good your skills are, accidents happen and even more serious on those who are confident and think they can skate well. Remember to SLAP

S - Skate Smart, wear your protective gears. Especially the helmet.
L - Skate Legal, do not skate on roads, void decks and pedestrian walk way and etc.
A - Skate Alert, notice your surroundings, watch out for potential danger.
P - Skate Polite, smile as you skate, clap to notify other user that you are passing him or her by saying "passing your right".

As an inline skating instructor, I never skate without protective gears.:nono:NEVER!

And to those who are taking up the sports, please do not skate like those people in the photos without protective gears. No matter how good your skills are, accidents happen and even more serious on those who are confident and think they can skate well. Remember to SLAP

L - Skate Legal, do not skate on roads, void decks and pedestrian walk way and etc.
P - Skate Polite, smile as you skate, clap to notify other user that you are passing him or her by saying "passing your right".

As an inline skating instructor, I never skate without protective gears.:nono:NEVER!

Good to hear that you keep to the rules even as an experienced skater and instructor.
Many an instructors, I find, take the easy way out still... skating without helmets, without elbow guards and such once they are off duty.

And it is after you mention this 'passing your right' that I finally understood what the Ang Moh speed skater who regularly appears in East Coast Parkway was trying to shout out to the fellow skaters/cyclists!

Wow haha, you're one of the rare skating instructor XD Most skaters i know all just heck the gear. Haha.

ahhaha . i remember skating on roads at night once...= /
super dangerous if got pothole or similar , can fly one.. xD

however, cannot skate on sidewalks ?
iirc, "urban skating" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.