rollei 35s VS lomo l-ca?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lohjoleen

Aug 19, 2005
pasir panjang
I just need some opinions on these 2 cameras because I'm thinking of purchasing a rollei 35s (i already have a LC-A). However i've not seen many pictures online with rolleis on slide films so i can't exactly decide which i prefer.

hmmm..

lohjoleen:

I am a big fan of Former Soviet Union cameras, but if I had the chance to pick up ANY Rollei 35, I would jump on it so fast . . . Better materials, quality control and optics to start with.

Bob

May I ask what is it you like about rollei cameras? I'm a fan of FSU cameras myself, though I don't have one yet because I don't know of a good place to buy any.

Hi,

I sold my Lomo for RM380 last year. The camera was in mint condition. It took reasonably sharp pictures with good contrast and colour. I sold it after I bought a Minolta AF-C at about the same price. I think the Minolta AF-C Compact takes sharper pictures and is better built and heavier than the Lomo and it comes with a useful detachable flash. I have not tried the Rollei 35 yet but I think it should be better than the Lomo becos' of its better built.

Be sure to know which rollei you are buying. Some have Sonnar lenses and some have Tessars. Some were made in Germany and others were made here in Singapore. Read up abit.

i've not even finished a roll in my 35s since i bought it and sent it for CLA. LOL! guess i prefer the lca for it's 'auto' features :p

Haha~! Sell it away then! Let someone else who can appreciate the rollei use it. :D

One is a Trabant and the other is a BMW. You figure out which is which.

tell you what.
don't figure it out.
just sell me the roli for $20 since you have to struggle to decide whether to buy it or the lomo.

hmm.... now I go to find someone who asks whether a Rolls Royce is as good to own as a Malaysian made Proton Saga. And sell me the Rolls Royce for the same price as the Proton Saga.

Anybody looking for Rollei35??? I do have a full series, all tested working and almost 10/10 cond to let go... :)

And also some very very 'rare' ones like the julibee gold edition and the royal blue limited edition. All in brand new wooden boxed unopen sealed cond w/certificate... But will only let go to collectors and ppl can appreciate these beauties better than me. :bigeyes:

PM me to discuss. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.