Rob Galbraith: Nikon unveils D300s, D3000 digital SLRs

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSSNewsRobot

Sep 27, 2006
Nikon has officially unveiled the D300s and D3000 digital SLR cameras. The D300s is a strategic upgrade that adds 720p video capture and a stereo mic input, 7fps burst shooting with the standard EN-EL3e battery, twin (CompactFlash and SD) memory card slots and several feature refinements to the D300 it replaces. The D3000 is a bigger departure from its D40 predecessor, incorporating a 10.04 million image pixel self-cleaning sensor, 11-area AF system, 3fps burst rate, 3-inch (diagonal) rear LCD and a new assist feature for novice photographers called Guide Mode.

More...

Hais...Just when I changed system to canon.Wasn't patient enough to wait for d300s

why D300s not D300x?
Sound like following iPhone 3Gs. :bsmilie:
Theres a d2xs, a d70s etc.I dun see anything wrong with the naming...As lomographer said,an "x" version would be about 24mp DX.for that kind of pixel density,it would be similar to 36mp FF iirc.Super high pixel density would require lenses with near perfect optics LOL...

Theres a d2xs, a d70s etc.I dun see anything wrong with the naming...As lomographer said,an "x" version would be about 24mp DX.for that kind of pixel density,it would be similar to 36mp FF iirc.Super high pixel density would require lenses with near perfect optics LOL...

and not to mention a horribly poor camera in low-light;p

Technically yes.But not in todays digital world where the latest camera raises the bar both in terms of noise control and resolution.eg. 5D mk2

yes of course but that takes time,

and it won't be cheap due to them pushing the edges of photographic technology

what we want is an economical and affordable camera

's' means sd card support?

"s" means small upgrade, just like D70-->D70s

Don't think so

Professionals will want to stick with the solidness of the CF card

Agreed..
CF still e way of the pro.
my view is like merging D90 into D300..But for its hefty price tag wif the same unimpressed video mode. i think i still stick with my d300 :think:

Btw OT abit...what is so pro about CF card compared to SD card?

Btw OT abit...what is so pro about CF card compared to SD card?

ability to work in high or low temperature

ability to stand dust, or extreme conditions

and the ability to read data quick, and the hardiness of the card

Status
Not open for further replies.