04-05-12-img_9847_std.jpg

Debrief
04-05-12-img_9852_std.jpg

04-05-12-img_9839_std.jpg

solid shot man! mid air frozen action. luv it! :thumbsup:

Your Taiqi skills not very good leh :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

by the way, I like the shots... REminds me of the good old days :bsmilie:

sehsuan said:
Can't remember. Maybe Yaoxing can help....

/me practices Taiqi and arrows Yaoxing :bsmilie:

hahaha! ;p Score is 74-0. Actually, you can find all the scores but the latest at the Singapore Rugby Union website.

sehsuan said:
Encountering a testing moment
04-05-12-img_9789_std.jpg

Going for the ball, but got the man
04-05-12-img_9797_std.jpg

How to stop the unstoppable?
04-05-12-img_9817_std.jpg

Superman comes visiting
04-05-12-img_9839_std.jpg

Group depossession move
04-05-12-img_9846_std.jpg

Hi Sehsuan
Mind to share your setting for freezing such action shots and the cam & lens suitable for such candid shots.

Hosea,

the lens used was "just" a 70-200 f/2.8. i set to iso100 most of the time, and set to aperture priority at f/2.8, so as to get maximum bokeh. subsequently, the photos were cropped tightly to exaggerate the bokeh. :)

sehsuan said:
Hosea,

the lens used was "just" a 70-200 f/2.8. i set to iso100 most of the time, and set to aperture priority at f/2.8, so as to get maximum bokeh. subsequently, the photos were cropped tightly to exaggerate the bokeh. :)

Thanks Sehsuan, mine can only have min. of iso200 :(
Am I right that the natural lighting should be good enough to have such shots.
I tried once in the evening, there are lot of blurr motion when some one kick the balls. :dunno:

Hosea said:
Thanks Sehsuan, mine can only have min. of iso200 :(
Am I right that the natural lighting should be good enough to have such shots.
I tried once in the evening, there are lot of blurr motion when some one kick the balls. :dunno:

Hosea, it doesn't matter how low your ISO can go. You can just force the camera to ISO200, f/2.8, and let it automatically figure out a shutter speed for you, IF the light is going to vary a fair lot because of clouds drifting in and out. Just make sure the shutter speed is faster than 1/500s, and you'll be safe. Frankly, the bokeh depends a lot on your maximum aperture at a given focal length, so I can't help you with that if you don't have a f/2.8 long zoom.

sehsuan said:
Hosea, it doesn't matter how low your ISO can go. You can just force the camera to ISO200, f/2.8, and let it automatically figure out a shutter speed for you, IF the light is going to vary a fair lot because of clouds drifting in and out. Just make sure the shutter speed is faster than 1/500s, and you'll be safe. Frankly, the bokeh depends a lot on your maximum aperture at a given focal length, so I can't help you with that if you don't have a f/2.8 long zoom.

Hi Sehsuan, take a look at this pix I took. U can see how some moment were blur off. cant freeze it clearly.
Coz it is in the night , i set to Iso 1600,shutter priority @1/30sec F2.8, focus 86mm.
Sorry to border u for advice again.Appreciate.
Resize_of_baketball2.jpg

the reason is simple - there isn't a way you can freeze action at 1/30s. the place was never meant for photos to be taken in the night :p

just remember that the sun is an immensely powerful source of light, and all man-made lighting at night for sports illumination are potentially tens to hundreds of times weaker than the sun.

:( then have to look for some place with big spot light.
sehsuan said:
the reason is simple - there isn't a way you can freeze action at 1/30s. the place was never meant for photos to be taken in the night :p

just remember that the sun is an immensely powerful source of light, and all man-made lighting at night for sports illumination are potentially tens to hundreds of times weaker than the sun.

from what seems, assuming your photo was unedited, you may do better with a 50 f/1.4 lens instead. that should give you better results at iso1600, f/1.4, 1/160s. there will be underexposure and motion blurring, but that's the problem of the really dim lights at the venue. nothing much you can do about it.

74-0!!! Way to go SA :bsmilie: :bsmilie: Thanks

Lee2003 said:
74-0!!! Way to go SA :bsmilie: :bsmilie: Thanks
Police Cup Semi-Final:
ACJC 42 - 3 SAJC

Not sure about the other semi-final, but RJC is expected to beat whoever is runner-up in the other group. So this year it's most likely the placings for top 3 as last year.

yaoxing said:
Police Cup Semi-Final:
ACJC 42 - 3 SAJC

Not sure about the other semi-final, but RJC is expected to beat whoever is runner-up in the other group. So this year it's most likely the placings for top 3 as last year.

rjc xx-3 jjc or was it xx-0

where xx is a very large number.

Status
Not open for further replies.