Rip off by Bally photo at funan #05-k7

I do not have the receipt with me. They don't issue any item receipt from the shop. Just have the Credit card slip with the total amount. May be this SMS from the Credit card can show some proof.

No receipt ? STRANGE. Ai yo bro, you can go back and ask for receipt if YOU really DONT HAVE IT.:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie: Nothing wrong with that.

No point going to CASE or get a lawyer or whatever.

Some people sell chicken rice for $2-3, some restaurant/hotels sells chicken rice at $20-30. Try telling that to case.

It's simply a case of "I sell, you buy". Where's the fraud part?

I do not have the receipt with me. They don't issue any item receipt from the shop. Just have the Credit card slip with the total amount. May be this SMS from the Credit card can show some proof.

show proof on buying what? it shows nothing except u've buy something from that shop.

buying expensive items without any receipt is just silly and u have the rights to insists them to issue. sry bro for being harsh, hope u learn ur lesson fast....:(

No receipt ? STRANGE. Ai yo bro, you can go back and ask for receipt if YOU really DONT HAVE IT.:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie: Nothing wrong with that.

u seriously think they are going to issue? :dunno:

u seriously think they are going to issue? :dunno:

Yes...... if you lost it you can request for photocopy the original copy.

Example ; Item sold at $500, you know why he didint issue u the receipt after u made payment ? kekeekke Think lah.... Within 1-2 weeks time if you didint go back ask for receipt ,that salesman going to be happy like FXXK. Why ? Item sold at $500, but he can write down price lower than down ;). SO the boss and the buyer become carrot head loh..kekeke
Maybe hor, I dont know anything , I just anyhow hamtam 1. Dont listen to me...!!!

Thanks TS for the warning.

As for why some people don't do anything to get back their money, it could be because their time is better spent doing other things. Different people have different thresholds and different priorities. Some guys I know do not even go to shops to buy their stuff. They have them delivered and just pay whatever is on the invoice. TS is a businessman, so the $200 that he overpaid maybe can be made back easily if he just made another business deal, so he maybe not interested to pursue it.

So just thank TS for sharing, even though it is not new case. Let's not bash him on whether he did research or not, or what action he should take. Those are his own decisions.

IMHO of course. Cheers!

There might be some misunderstanding. Why don't you go back to the shop and clarify? Thats what I do if I really think that the prices are way off and normally I do get a refund.

I have heard many stories about Bally and i usually counter offer those prices quoted by other shops.

I just bought a Nikon 35 f1.8 from Bally for $325 (not grey set), the cheapest in Town! I also bought a Hoya filter, total was $345. I have also bought numerous items from them but I do my research before approaching them (lesson learnt after paying high price from so called reputable shop recommended by fellow CSers).

Paying $460 for 2 filters is very excessive (B&W?). Some may say that "Bally offer, you accept, no violence, they offer you pay", so must suck it up. This is incorrect. There is this thing called "Fair Trading" in Commercial Law and this is to protect consumers from buying at very excessive prices. There is also this term called "Reasonable price".

Remember some time back, some tourists paid skyrocket prices for 2 big prawns? case stepped in and there was some recourse. Buying expensive is one thing, buy at not "reasonable price" is another.

Hope this can help you find some recourse. Thanks.

Jon

I think this is clearly a misrepresentation where you can complain to CASE. Bally photo is selling excessively expensive beyond the Recommended Retail Price in your case. If you complain to CASE, there are 2 things CASE can do.

1) Act as a middle man to negotiate with the shop to see if they can refund the additional money they charge or you can change for another item closer to what you paid for. Then you can sell that item elsewhere to get back most of your money.

2) Blacklist their shop by publishing their shop name in a list they have which they will not recommend tourist to go.

Bally will definitely not want to be blacklisted by CASE so I say there will be some sort of space for negotiation. Do not have the impression that CASE cannot do anything and save the trouble to complain to CASE. Your actions will result in many people after you not being scammed by Bally. Do the right thing to report.

Last time Song Brothers also lidat and people keep complaining and now I say they have become better.

:)...

Through this incident, I have learned that Singapore is still a very safe country.

I have spoken to a few brands owner. And the feedback is very positive.

What you can do if you being scam to pay way above RRP.

1. Major brand does not encourage authorised retailer to sell above RRP. You can approach the brand's owner and they will step in. If not refund at least the shop will be put on their black list and ultimately be remove if too many complain.

2. Major mall management would not like this kind of shop to be there. They can also help. When enough complain comes. Ultimately they will be remove too.

After all this days of complaining...I think its time to put my $200 to rest;p

PS...:bigeyes:be very careful with another shop in the same mall. As it is own by the same owner and runs by the manager. And the 60/40 sales commission is also practice there.:cool:

are these the Platinum-coated HOYA filters or what? :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie: <<< staff of Bally

At $460 it is certainly a rip off. Bought my 77 mm Hoya Filter from Orient (6th floor Sin Lim Square) for $40 (without bargaining). Suggestion - since you paid by credit card, cancel the payment and return the filters.

Since u all talking about this store... i nv get rip off... jus asking price only.

How much does u all think of third party shutter release cable cost? 20?

i was scouting for a new shutter release when mine had spoil since one yr ago. It was during near to NYE recently, all shop i asked they quote it at $20 but all sold one left Alan (Pixel brand) have it and this shop as state by TS. This shop quote the remote for $45 brand yongnuo.:bigeyes:

Then i said "hmm nvm, thanks"... the staff straight away turn face.. :bigeyes: than i walk to alan to buy my cheap $20 one:)

At $460 it is certainly a rip off. Bought my 77 mm Hoya Filter from Orient (6th floor Sin Lim Square) for $40 (without bargaining). Suggestion - since you paid by credit card, cancel the payment and return the filters.

A Hoya HD 77mm definitely cost more than $40, even in a reputable but at $460 for 2, its just ridiculous.

its not the first time, and this wont be the last time...

While on shopping, when im not sure about the price or the product, what I do is, i'd log on to Amazon.com, and check the price., as well as the customer reviews from others. Amazon has almost every thing you can buy, and the prices there can be used as a rough guide. just roughly convert USD to SGD. And also the feedback from other customers also explain if the product is worth buying.

And of cos, if you have a knowledgeable friend, its just a call away.

Its a little sad thing to see, when TS has an iPhone with M1 3G, and also Funan has free wireless access, but didnt utilize the technology and trusted the unknown salesman from the unknown shop, instead of technology.

Just another 'Bally' thread...