Status
Not open for further replies.

Soldi

Apr 19, 2006
Pasir Ris
www.jonathanliu.net
ringsoldi3hi.jpg

Feel free to Comment :)

it would be nice if the light is reflected at the diamond 8)

lalalalalala. fine.

in my opinion..if the back part of the ring.. *dunno how to call it* is not so blurred.. it's even nicer? =X!

Good job!!

I think a tighter crop of the ring would have worked much better, there was just too much empty space around the ring.

Another light to catch some of the facets of the diamond would have given the stone more "bling".

Liked the shallow depth-of-field.

hondasleeper said:
Good job!!

I think a tighter crop of the ring would have worked much better, there was just too much empty space around the ring.

Another light to catch some of the facets of the diamond would have given the stone more "bling".

Liked the shallow depth-of-field.

thx :)

Juz cropped this

ringsmall6lt.jpg

The platinum silver part of the ring like abit dirty from wearing it. Maybe clean off with some cloth before taking photo? Actually wierd, but I like the noise and shadow in this picture.

I have taken some pictures of rings when I was doing up my website a year ago.

www.proposalring.com

(Which reminds me... I have to start updating the site again.)

I used a compact camera then, and this was the result:

http://www.proposalring.com/ringGallery1.htm

Unfortunately, I did not have knowledge of things like the depth of field, white balance, etc. some 2 years ago. So, the photos were very far from perfect. But as you can see, you need light to bounce off the diamond to show off its beauty. A diamond is a multi-faceted light reflector. Without light, it just looks dull.

If you want to see 'fire', which is multi-coloured light, you need to shine tungsten light into it, preferably from many angles.

If you want to see a nice white diamond, then you need to shine white light into it. For that, you need studio lighting or a macro ring light. But a cheap and very acceptable solution is sunlight.

nottipiglet said:
I have taken some pictures of rings when I was doing up my website a year ago.

www.proposalring.com

(Which reminds me... I have to start updating the site again.)

I used a compact camera then, and this was the result:

http://www.proposalring.com/ringGallery1.htm

Unfortunately, I did not have knowledge of things like the depth of field, white balance, etc. some 2 years ago. So, the photos were very far from perfect. But as you can see, you need light to bounce off the diamond to show off its beauty. A diamond is a multi-faceted light reflector. Without light, it just looks dull.

If you want to see 'fire', which is multi-coloured light, you need to shine tungsten light into it, preferably from many angles.

If you want to see a nice white diamond, then you need to shine white light into it. For that, you need studio lighting or a macro ring light. But a cheap and very acceptable solution is sunlight.

Thx Will keep that in mind :)

there was sunlight but the windows was closed :dunno:

i prefer the 1st pic leh.. haha..
like the colour tone..
agreed that if the diamond got more "blink" will be nicer

Status
Not open for further replies.