Rides From The Land Down Under!

leshrec

Oct 3, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Hi there!

Just wanted to share shots of automobiles that I took while in Australia on my walkabouts. Do note that most of these cars are not exclusive only to Australia but they are the most interesting ones (At least to me :bsmilie:)

Will update this thread as I take more shots! Thanks for viewing!

Matt

So without further ado:

#1 Nissan GTR

5273830586_846d66fc29_b.jpg

#2 1967 Ford Mustang

5177211224_4c3449c035_b.jpg

Damn that GTR! :-D What's your favourite colour if you had to choose?

Damn that GTR! :-D What's your favourite colour if you had to choose?

Stock I would say gun metallic, however I saw the vinyl wrap matte black stealth bomber and I was blown away. :bsmilie:

As usual nice work and a great opportunity parking in front of that really small car ;-)

As usual nice work and a great opportunity parking in front of that really small car ;-)

Thanks for dropping by! I was actually parked there first and when I came back to have breakfast at the cafe next to it, I noticed it.

Actually, I knew something was there when there was some people taking photos when I was still walking quite a distance away. And I thought they were taking shots of mine! ;p

Matt

The black Skyline is a GT-T (2500cc turbo 280bhp, RWD) i think... :think: not a R34 GT-R. :think:

aww you've got to add some utes to this series

The black Skyline is a GT-T (2500cc turbo 280bhp, RWD) i think... :think: not a R34 GT-R. :think:

Yes you are right, it is a GT-T and not a GT-R, but if you read the description carefully, I did not say it was a R34 GT-R. I just said Nissan Skyline R34. :bsmilie:

aww you've got to add some utes to this series

I will do that for sure. I did see some awesome ones when I was driving around, but not when I was walking about but I'm sure to keep an eye out for them!

Matt

I also said this the first time I saw Matt's car and he's probably heard it several times :D

It's a nice R34 and spoilerless so he's got the gangsta vibe going on :p The GTT is a far more livable version of the R34 than the GTR, lighter and more efficient plus the insurance won't bankrupt anyone. Personally I would change the rims to 19" BBSes or CE28s for that slamming and classy effect but everyone's different.

Matt - eastbear eastbear....eastbe....!! ;)

Nice 1967 Mustang :) Very well maintained/restored by its owner :)

Yup very well maintained, in fact when I was speaking to the owner, he was very proud of it and even offered to let me sit in the driver's seat while he took a photo which I politely refused.

I also said this the first time I saw Matt's car and he's probably heard it several times :D

It's a nice R34 and spoilerless so he's got the gangsta vibe going on The GTT is a far more livable version of the R34 than the GTR, lighter and more efficient plus the insurance won't bankrupt anyone. Personally I would change the rims to 19" BBSes or CE28s for that slamming and classy effect but everyone's different.

Matt - eastbear eastbear....eastbe....!! ;)

Thats right :bsmilie: Maybe the next time I post it up I'll include the disclaimer "NOT GT-R" beside it lol. I like bigger wheels too but 19" might be pushing it though, 18" would be perfect but don't think I'm prepared to spend anymore on this ride. And yes the eastbear one is awesome!

Matt

Thats right :bsmilie: Maybe the next time I post it up I'll include the disclaimer "NOT GT-R" beside it lol. I like bigger wheels too but 19" might be pushing it though, 18" would be perfect but don't think I'm prepared to spend anymore on this ride. And yes the eastbear one is awesome!
Matt

Btw nice ride :) Heh heh you're right, perhaps you should spend your money on photo...ahem...graphy instead... :bsmilie:

Btw nice ride :) Heh heh you're right, perhaps you should spend your money on photo...ahem...graphy instead... :bsmilie:

Thank you! Yes thats where all the $$ is going to. At least the missus doesn't complain about this "hobby" because I try to convince her that anything I spend on this is all to take nicer shots of her and the babies! :bsmilie:

Matt

Last edited:
Thank you! Yes thats where all the $$ is going to. At least the missus doesn't complain about this "hobby" because I try to convince her that anything I spend on this is all to take nicer shots of her and the babies! :bsmilie:

Matt

Shhhhh.... thats the photographer's secret... :bsmilie: Thats how we all convince our gfs/wifes to allow use to buy those very equivalent of their LV, Gucci and Prada... ;p

Just thought I'd like to share some older pics of mine as a thank you for viewing my shots!

#4 Black and White S15

5326129193_4e3f3210a6_b.jpg

#5 S15 Side

5326130025_155b4ff17f_b.jpg

#6 S15 Party!

5326131461_a76be06a53_b.jpg

Matt

Last edited:
Dang...why these street cars are no longer manufactured. Slick sporty cars of the 90s are nicer than cars nowadays which look fatter and fatter.

Nice Silvias, a legendary car made even more popular by the Drift King, Keiichi Tsuchiya. :thumbsup:

Thanks! Yes they are great cars and awesome drives.

Dang...why these street cars are no longer manufactured. Slick sporty cars of the 90s are nicer than cars nowadays which look fatter and fatter.

Yes its a pity, there was a decline in the popularity of sports cars for a period of time until recently when its starting to pick up again. I do prefer the older look where the lines are generally more straight and sharp, but some of the new ones look incredible, like the new GT-R.

Matt