Ricoh GR

$825 with free batt? Its been that price since june when i bought or earlier.

anyone paired their GR with a wifi sd card before ?

Using toshiba flashair 32gb in my GR. Set to 1 minute timeout for wifi. Works really well and the battery life is still acceptable.

it feels so compact that i think it can act as a daily camera ... haha

if it works fine with a wifi card, seems like a good combo for ease of uploading to the net.

if it works fine with a wifi card, seems like a good combo for ease of uploading to the net.

I hope a mk2 comes out soon, with the same good optics but better sensor and processor as well as WiFi connectivity options etc.

thinking of getting a compact system, sometimes really lazy to lug dslr go out.

even 4/3 seems big compared to the GR

With the flashair it's so easy to transfer photos over, can take high quality photos and post on facebook/ send on whatsapp so quickly. Hardly even use my phone camera on a day to day basis.

Just need to make sure not to format the card or it will need to be reconfigured using the toshiba software. Luckily GR has the option to delete a range of photos so easily.

My usual workflow is:

Turn wifi on phone on.

Power on GR in play mode.

Phone will auto connect to the flashair card.

Open the app and all the photo thumbnails will load.

Select photos to transfer and start transfer.

Each photo takes about 10sec to transfer the jpeg over.

Edit photo in snapseed and post online/ whatsapp out.

With the flashair it's so easy to transfer photos over, can take high quality photos and post on facebook/ send on whatsapp so quickly. Hardly even use my phone camera on a day to day basis.

Just need to make sure not to format the card or it will need to be reconfigured using the toshiba software. Luckily GR has the option to delete a range of photos so easily.

My usual workflow is:

Turn wifi on phone on.

Power on GR in play mode.

Phone will auto connect to the flashair card.

Open the app and all the photo thumbnails will load.

Select photos to transfer and start transfer.

Each photo takes about 10sec to transfer the jpeg over.

Edit photo in snapseed and post online/ whatsapp out.

10sec per jpeg seems quite long for today's standards...

10sec per jpeg seems quite long for today's standards...

Human life expectancy keeps increasing with advancements in technologies.

What's the hurry with people nowadays? Don't get it...

Can shoot raw+jpg but it seems that the jpg will be full res. Unless i'm mistaken.

Anyway the 10s wait is fine for me, don't plan to batch transfer and edit ten or hundreds of photos on my phone. If it's too slow for you then dont buy lor

Human life expectancy keeps increasing with advancements in technologies. What's the hurry with people nowadays? Don't get it...

haha... have to agree. photography is most enjoyable when done slowly, enjoy the process...

may I ask 10sec is for what file size?

have you tried with XS file size? thanks

I shoot raw + jpg which i think gives a full res jpg. Haven't tried with XS. Anyway my GR is out on loan to someone considering buying, so cant test for u.

may I ask 10sec is for what file size? have you tried with XS file size? thanks
10 sec is for the largest JPEG size. Normally I will resize it before posting from my phone, and I'll delete the original. Hope that helps.

10sec is very fast..

my flashair card seems to take more than 10sec for the largest jpeg..

Mine is the newer class 10.. I wished my transfer was 10s..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

was looking at Sony a6000 ... body form factor is the same but once add on the lense ... kaboom.

there really isn't much alternative to a GR eh ..

was looking at Sony a6000 ... body form factor is the same but once add on the lense ... kaboom.

there really isn't much alternative to a GR eh ..

thats its main selling point - its small and not cumbersome. the more u bring it out, the more reason u have to shoot.

making nice pictures, thats what its all about.

but shooting prime does take some getting used to.