Ricoh GR, GRDs Accessories & Blings

Sadly none. The plug is US type. Tested it since I got a adapter at home. Works great. :)

OK.. hmm.. think I will also order one soon. Thanks for sharing..

anyone know where to buy Matin Neoprene Fast Access strap?

Was looking around for a case since the original GR case is so expensive. Found the Thinktank Little Stuff It to fit the GR pretty nicely.
Bought one from TK.

Little Stuff It!

9353869683_24064ecca4_c.jpg

Anyone have an idea where to buy the Lens Ring for new Ricoh GR? APDS (Service Center) currently don't have stock and they don't know when will they have stock. Also do you guys have idea if the GRDI/II or GRIII/IV lens ring will fit the new GR? Thanks :)

Anyone have an idea where to buy the Lens Ring for new Ricoh GR? APDS (Service Center) currently don't have stock and they don't know when will they have stock. Also do you guys have idea if the GRDI/II or GRIII/IV lens ring will fit the new GR? Thanks :)

You can get the limited edition red ring from eBay.

Ricoh GR can't use the ring on previous GRDs.

New Accessory !

New External view finder GV-3 for Ricoh GR !

Initial review - Sharp and exactly 35mm GR in Crop mode
S$11.90 and 8 hours over 3 days !

Presenting !
IMGP4251.jpg

IMGP4261.jpg

:thumbsup:Inspired by Graham Houghton video : A DIY Inexpensive Optical Viewfinder for Compact Digital cameras with a hot shoe. - YouTube . Also motivated by the expensive GV-2 and GV-1

More cosmetic work needed, model airplane filler / painting !
Oh ya, still figuring out the connection to the horse shoe cover - to make sure it is strong bonded and level.

:bsmilie:See more photos steps : https://picasaweb.google.com/116382521216153258354/GV335?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCKLF2L78_9nWzAE&feat=directlink

Last edited:
You got me there, what is mean by Mag ratio ?
the view from GV-3 looks further or rather smaller than actual , not sure how to put into Mag ratio, object look about twice further or smaller via GV-3

Well done! What's (roughly) the mag ratio?

Last edited:
Well done! What's (roughly) the mag ratio?

I read up website a bit, magnification view finder is the size of an image appeared divided by that same image on a 50mm camera or of the naked eye. So, since the GV-3 image appear bigger a bit , I estimate that magnification of GV-3 to be 1.2

What I did, I took a photo of rectangular image with a ~50mm lens at fixed distance, measure the size of image on its 3 inch LCD screen. I then take same image with Ricoh GR at the same distance , measure the image size on LCD screen, note since what I see of on the GV-3 is same coverage as image captured on the GR LCD screen. Then I take area of this latter value divided by the image area of the former (~50mm lens) , I get 8.05 divide by 6.72 = 1.2 magnification.

Last edited:
I estimate that magnification of GV-3 to be 1.2

Interesting! Perhaps next Ricoh meet up can compare your GV3 with that of other 28mm OVFs to see the difference!

There's actually quite a few OVFs to choose from, apart from Ricoh GV-1 and GV-2, there's also Sigma VF-11, Voigtlander etc etc

Even the Olympus VF-1 for Pen lenses is a very good approx and can be had for just a blue Singapore dollar note if you're lucky! :)

8464756784_f136a45f8b_c.jpg

Interesting! Perhaps next Ricoh meet up can compare your GV3 with that of other 28mm OVFs to see the difference!

There's actually quite a few OVFs to choose from, apart from Ricoh GV-1 and GV-2, there's also Sigma VF-11, Voigtlander etc etc

Even the Olympus VF-1 for Pen lenses is a very good approx and can be had for just a blue Singapore dollar note if you're lucky! :)

Haha! They all look so nice ! My GV-3 no fight lah! One shop at peninsula quoted me Olympus vf1 $200. Lucky never kena cheated.

Personally I can't see why need a 21mm VF, practically can't see a target image or object as it would be so small at such a wide view. Anyway, lets try each other VF next outing .

Update GV-3 35 viewfinder mounted on horse shoe plate with epoxy .

#1 Cheapest acrylic coating and sealer
_R010581.JPG

#2 Not yet complete, going to put the final step white font of GV-3 35 then put sealer
_R010582.JPG