Ricoh GR Digital IV

Hey bro, how's the distortion like with the wide convertor? I'm half-thinking of one if it's decent.

There is a slight distortion for my liking. It does not really obvious when it is not close up shots. Worth invest in one of it as it is useful when caught up is tight situation. ;)

Hey... the white comes with the metal lens cap right? do you have to unscrew the ring to put on the cap? means to saw when shooting on the street, it will be wifout ring rite....

Hey... the white comes with the metal lens cap right? do you have to unscrew the ring to put on the cap? means to saw when shooting on the street, it will be wifout ring rite....

Yes you have remove the lens ring before using the lens cap. Reason because there are contacts on lens cap that tells the camera a cap is on and will prevent unintentional power on.

Finally decided to get the GRD4 with all it rav reviews!! :) But $250++ for an OVF, the GV2... think i could make do with my really old one... :)

6382003589_2609eab034_b.jpg

Looks Great. I like your OVF ;)

Looks Great. I like your OVF ;)

Thanks Bro!! :) I love it too...

Realized there isn't any image sample here from the GRD4... So here is one from me..
Image taken in JPEG, B&W... Sharpen and a little dodging & burning in PS.. :)

6392697061_1040190dbb_b.jpg

nivlaOof said:
Finally decided to get the GRD4 with all it rav reviews!! :) But $250++ for an OVF, the GV2... think i could make do with my really old one... :)

You make me wanna buy one too bro! Been thinking about it for quite awhile now..hmmm. Anyways, anyone knows if there's gonna be any deals at SITEX?

6382003589_2609eab034_b.jpg

What OVF is that?
I realized most OVFs are pretty expensive :-(

What OVF is that?
I realized most OVFs are pretty expensive :-(

That is a really old Eleitz Wetzlar (German made) viewfinder that belongs to my dad.... found it recently in a old dry box :)

You make me wanna buy one too bro! Been thinking about it for quite awhile now..hmmm. Anyways, anyone knows if there's gonna be any deals at SITEX?

Be careful when buying especially camera in these kind of event. Some deals do really good but some give you rubbish free gifts. Example, I bought my Canon EOS 50D in one of the IT show a few years ago, it was Cathay who got the booth. They gave out a lot free gifts too and what were worth was the extra original battery and 2 CF cards (low end, sold it after a week), and a EF lens book, and some other stuff. The battery cost had bridged the gap if I bought it from their store directly. So do look out and check carefully and weigh is it worth to get it in this Sitex. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks Bro!! :) I love it too...

Realized there isn't any image sample here from the GRD4... So here is one from me..
Image taken in JPEG, B&W... Sharpen and a little dodging & burning in PS.. :)

OK! I will try to post some too. haha... Cos I'm still shooting with GRD III, I planned to use it for a year until next Aug 2012. Then start using my white GRD IV. hee..

OK! I will try to post some too. haha... Cos I'm still shooting with GRD III, I planned to use it for a year until next Aug 2012. Then start using my white GRD IV. hee..

Wah bro... u must be a very patience person.. :) I wouldn't be able to resist the temptation.. :p

Hi. My GR Digital IV Gallery is over HERE.
Take a look if you are interested.

Thanks Dude!! U have some nice photos in there... :)

After mulling around much, i have finally gotten a hold of this great compact!
love the size of this thing, fits right in the palm, the relatively wide angle of it...snooping a shot at people without people noticing, awesome stealthy cam! hehe

by the way folks, i've been trying to get the accessories such as the GV-1( view finder ), the wide angle lense + adapters. It seems that these are all sold out from the usual places, anyone knows of any place where we can still procure these items?

love the size of this thing, fits right in the palm, the relatively wide angle of it...snooping a shot at people without people noticing, awesome stealthy cam! hehe

by the way folks, i've been trying to get the accessories such as the GV-1( view finder ), the wide angle lense + adapters. It seems that these are all sold out from the usual places, anyone knows of any place where we can still procure these items?

Congrat Bro!! So u finally got your camera!! :) Try calling Parasilk (Google the no.).. they may be able to place an order for you...

Hey. Sorry I am new to RICOH.

But is there a way to have only AF Lock when I half-press the Trigger?
What I am having now is both AF&AE Lock. Quite disturbing on my Streetshot workflow...

Congrat Bro!! So u finally got your camera!! :) Try calling Parasilk (Google the no.).. they may be able to place an order for you...

Parasilk? okok shall do that, i actually went to the physical shop at katong but they had nothing, looks like gotta try holland!

You can try other stores such as Alan Photo, MS Color and SLRR.

Btw, I got these 3 accessories from 3 separate stores. Haha... Part of the fun owning a Ricoh GRD is hunting for their accessories. :)

You can try other stores such as Alan Photo, MS Color and SLRR.

Btw, I got these 3 accessories from 3 separate stores. Haha... Part of the fun owning a Ricoh GRD is hunting for their accessories. :)

oooh trust me, i've hunted around funan and cathay , all either OOS or don't have them.

=D just called up parisilk, they don't have it either, but they've offered to order them for me. (*much better svc den the above if you ask me) They rest simply brushed me off by saying "don't have" haha. But Alan Photo, (didnt get the name) said perhaps next week stock will come in.

But you're right man, its pretty fun running around for it, they have alot of the VF-2 for the GXRs though.

sanfong said:
Be careful when buying especially camera in these kind of event. Some deals do really good but some give you rubbish free gifts. Example, I bought my Canon EOS 50D in one of the IT show a few years ago, it was Cathay who got the booth. They gave out a lot free gifts too and what were worth was the extra original battery and 2 CF cards (low end, sold it after a week), and a EF lens book, and some other stuff. The battery cost had bridged the gap if I bought it from their store directly. So do look out and check carefully and weigh is it worth to get it in this Sitex. ;)

Thanks for the info and sorry for the late reply. Didn't managed to go to SITEX due
to work commitments. Sigh. I think i shall
go to the "usual suspects" to get the cam.
:)