[rh89] Pembrokeshire

rh89

Feb 7, 2006
Singapore
www.flickr.com
Took a trip to the Welsh Pembrokeshire Coast, and visited various places in and around the area. Experienced some rather bleah weather and bad luck, but tried to make the most of it. Didn't quite shoot as much as I wanted to though! However, there were some super rugged landscapes in their natural form (no safety railings or anything), and some amazing cliffs and seascapes. There was also no cell phone reception most of the time, and it was really cut off from the world.

#1 St. David's Lifeboat Station at St. Justinian
11554566275_2613760166_c.jpg

#2 St. David's Cathedral at dawn
11569264715_885d05b7b0_c.jpg

#3 The stunning interior of St. David's Cathedral
11684540795_b2886684fe_c.jpg

Is a nice place pembrokeshire.... there is a castle in the main town. how many days you were there?

Wonderful pic here , definitely camping here , thank for sharing

Is a nice place pembrokeshire.... there is a castle in the main town. how many days you were there?

There are many castles - Pembroke Castle is just one of them. Also, in terms of "main" town... I think Haverfordwest would definitely qualify more than Pembroke!

I was there for a week :)

Beautiful place, thank you for sharing.

#4 Tenby Lifeboat Stations - the old one in front, which has since been bought and converted into a residential home, and the new one behind.

The sea looks nice and calm here, but long exposures are deceiving... I almost got soaked shooting this photograph, the winter sea was very rough and the waves were that high.

11688197644_d25ca0c707_c.jpg

#5 The city of St. David's at dawn

11685173285_6cb092dceb_c.jpg

Lovely pictures of the coast :) I was at Abereiddy Bay for a morning of coasteering but did not explore the rest of Pembrokeshire unfortunately as we had to drive back to return the rental car. You're making me feel like taking another trip back.

Lovely pictures of the coast :) I was at Abereiddy Bay for a morning of coasteering but did not explore the rest of Pembrokeshire unfortunately as we had to drive back to return the rental car. You're making me feel like taking another trip back.

Ah thanks! I actually didn't visit Abereiddy - mostly concentrated on the area around St. David's and then further south. It's a very nice place - but definitely don't go in winter. The winds are very strong, and actually they just experienced a rather bad bout of flooding, so many of the places I visited and shot at are now damaged or impassable :(

#7 St. David's Cathedral from the southwest

11770724364_97efa9f3f4_z.jpg

#8 Epic light and rays along a country road near Broad Haven

11770477895_951ef25451_z.jpg

Cool D600. Thanks for sharing. Your dynamic range is impressive. Brings everything out without over doing it. haha . GOOD!

#9 The Green Bridge of Wales
It's a natural limestone arch located inside Castlemartin Range - but accessible to the public as long as they're not conducting live firing!

11593867495_5bb16516c8_c.jpg

Very nice photos of Wales. Great composure and control of exposure to create the feel, especially the seascape ones.

Looking forward to more :thumbsup:

Very nice photos of Wales. Great composure and control of exposure to create the feel, especially the seascape ones.

Looking forward to more :thumbsup:

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed the photos :) There aren't that many as I experienced some very bad weather during the trip, and also some rather bad luck, but I think I have a couple more pics. Stay tuned!

#11 The Alun Riverlet between the Bishop's Palace and St. David's Cathedral

13896854754_a46d38a2ef.jpg