Revisiting Jeluntong Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

szekiat

Jan 19, 2002
London
Visit site
I think those of us that went for the previous trip had lots of fun. Anyone for a 2nd round?

szekiat said:
I think those of us that went for the previous trip had lots of fun. Anyone for a 2nd round?
I was there with harlequin2902 on National Day, and raring for another round.

laokayu said:
I was there with harlequin2902 on National Day, and raring for another round.

And business was very good there yesterday right? :D

Btw, I can only go on sat morning.

Hi, can i join you guys? This looks interesting. Too bad my lens will only be arriving next Monday or so.

How do i get to Jelutong Tower and Sime Forest anyway, i checked the street directory and it looks quite messy. :embrass: Adam Road can turn in? Any help is appreciated.

SBWR is really far from my place.

Hi all,

Missed out on the initial outing, hopefully will be able to join you guys for this one.

Cheers!

just a show of hands who can make it for a weekday? i'd rather do a weekday morning shoot cos there are a lot less ppl. When we were there on sat, the tower was rather shaky cos of the ppl coming up and down.

Szekiat,

Weekdays are no good for me... gotta feed the family lah... *sigh* ;>

ccplim,
Actually, it was quite bad on National Day. Because it was a holiday, there were a lot of casual hikers and joggers. We could barely have 5mins of stillness. It was only after 1000hrs when it started becoming hot that we got peace. But because it was getting hotter, the birds were also hiding in the shades.

szekiat,
I am game on a weekday shoot if it is for just a day. Got to feed a few mouths as well.

szekiat said:

Weekday mornings are ok with me. But since I can go there on my own anytime, squeeze me into the group only if there is still space left. The top of the tower which offers the best view can only take about 4 persons with tripod set up. Any more and we'll be getting in each other's way.

laokayu said:
ccplim,
Actually, it was quite bad on National Day. Because it was a holiday, there were a lot of casual hikers and joggers. We could barely have 5mins of stillness. It was only after 1000hrs when it started becoming hot that we got peace. But because it was getting hotter, the birds were also hiding in the shades.

szekiat,
I am game on a weekday shoot if it is for just a day. Got to feed a few mouths as well.

Haha.... that was what Sam told me :bsmilie:

Is it the tower that is accessible and somewhere in the middle of Macritchie Reservoir and Pierce Reservoir?

Does anybody have any photos from the previous trip?

Would like to take a peek at them..

I loved the view from the top of the tower when I trekked from Bukit Timah Nature Reserve to Macritchie previously.

Top of the world.. almost

yes it is right in the middle of nowhere. Can we set a tentative date? I'm keen for sunday and monday mornings. Will prob bring food and camp there till mid afternoon or till i'm really bored. Pls feel free to add your name. my contact no. is 90698948.
1. Szekiat

1. Szekiat
2. LaoKaYu
3. Iceman27 (Sunday morning)

szekiat said:
yes it is right in the middle of nowhere. Can we set a tentative date? I'm keen for sunday and monday mornings. Will prob bring food and camp there till mid afternoon or till i'm really bored. Pls feel free to add your name. my contact no. is 90698948.
1. Szekiat

Yo Szekiat. Cannot confirm now. Will let you know at a later date. I can only go on weekends.

i assume the names so far are for the sunday trip? No one for monday then?

szekiat said:
i assume the names so far are for the sunday trip? No one for monday then?

Monday morning is OK with me. Just got a 2x TC from MS Colour, so I'll want to try it out :)

But I'll probably stay till around 12 plus then I'll trek to Bukit Timah Nature Reserve and stay there for the rest of the afternoon. Haven't been there in a while so I wonder if there's anything interesting lying in wait :think:

If itis the coming weekend, then either Saturday or Sunday is fine for me. 16/8 (Mon) is bad. Alamak. Lunar 7th month begins !

which converter did u get? AFS? anyways, i will be going on both sunday and monday. can the ppl who want to go pls at least PM me?

szekiat said:
which converter did u get? AFS? anyways, i will be going on both sunday and monday. can the ppl who want to go pls at least PM me?

I think should be the MC7. Too bad I can't make it on both days. Might want to try somewhere else on sat morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.